MVVS 26cc & 35cc

Ed Cregger sold me a couple of MVVS gasoline engines last year through this list.

I've flown one and started breaking in the other. I'm having fun learning about how gasoline engines work.

Photos:

Thanks, Ed!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

You figured out how to increase the power output by half as much again yet?

A: Stick a full length MVVS pipe on it...

-- Philip Rawson

Philip Rawson

I've got a pipe for one of my 26cc engines.

Haven't flown with it yet.

Did you actually tune the engine to get top RPM? I was thinking of just hanging it on the engine to keep it quiet and to move the exhaust backwards. My goal eventually is to build a light (9 or 10 lb) plane for pattern around the engine and pipe.

I've put two more photos of the wraparound header on my Mad Dog page. It was made by Karl G. Mueller in Canada. It's a thing of beauty.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

In my experience, a change of prop or exhaust changes the tune of an engine, so yes it was tweaked... I haven't played with pipe lengths and props enough yet to find out what the full potential of the pipe is, but I was amazed at the difference the standard MVVS header and pipe made when I fitted them as is... a difference of 1000 revs.... although I forget the actual revs, prop etc.

My guess is that the engine (26cc) was made for a pipe and MVVS forgot to tell anyone!

Good luck with the 9-10lbs... The best I got was 10 1/2 with a 1/4 scale Staudacher. My 1/4 scale clipped wing Cub looks like it'll come out at

10 -11.

-- Philip Rawson

Philip Rawson

I hate when I do that. :o)

Thanks. Someone has already designed a gasoline powered pattern plane with a cute name. I won't be ready to build my own for a while. Too many other projects in the pipeline. But the 1.6 pulls Mad Dog fairly well, even without the pipe--and that's 14+ lbs.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Philip,

Are you putting an MVVS 1,6 petrol into a clipped wing Cub? Which Cub? I ask as I have a Sig clipped-wing waiting for workshops time and a new MVVS 1.6 to go with it...

Reply to
David Smith

The clipped wing Cub is an own design... I'm putting the MVVS pipe inside the fuselage, should give me a Cub with 3d capabilities!

-- Philip Rawson

Philip Rawson

Be intersseting to compare notes when they are finally flown. I think I'll go with a muffler, not really a 3D flier.

Reply to
David Smith