myrtle beach area field

Anyone vacationing in Myrtle Beach area and looking for a place to fly can go to the local hobby shop and get a map to Conway field up 501. Hobby shop is on Main st near rollor coaster. I thinks it is called Bobs Hobby shop....I was a little overcome by the 300,000 Harleys at the time.

Reply to
jim breeyear

I've been to the Conway field, and to the hobby shop, and I can heartily recommend both of them. The shop is well stocked and prices are reasonable. The field is wonderfully flat with almost unlimited overfly area. Go check it out.

Dr.1

Reply to
Dr1

When I lived there they flew from a field next to the sewage plant. Rather small.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

Just before I left they had an unfortunate incident there at Conway airport ....for some reason a supercub went in after releasing a banner and both pilots were killed. It was supposed to be a training mission.

Reply to
jim breeyear

Can you still hear after being around that many Harleys?

Reply to
James