Super Sportster kit discontinued

Hmmmm....

The SS 25 with a SuperTigre 28 was my second build. I built 3 or 4 of them as I was still learning how to really fly . I went to a fun fly in west Texas and they told me I could not fly it there. I asked why and they said because of the wind. That SS 25 made one made the local T.V. news the first day. I owned thier sky for two days and now they fly all sizes

Then I moved on to Kougars and practiced bending airframes from 5 feet.... Wondering what to build (in bulk) next.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

"Six_O'Clock_High" >>today.

I fly .15 powered planes in wind that makes some of the larger model flying modelers pack up and go home. Sounds like you had them worried.

My favorite engine on the Super Sportster 20 is the Webra .32 or .35 with a mousse can pipe. It looks like a pylon racer zipping around up there. Surely, the wind is never a major problem.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Ed, I like to fly. All it takes to fly in the wind is the will to fly. I fly shock flyers in the neighbors front yard until the wind gets high enough that I cannot keep it in the yard when at power and going down.

My OFB and I also showed those guys night flying. A couple of years ago we went up to this yearly event and Saturday dawned with rain. After waiting an hour or so for the rain to quit, my buddy and I put on ponchos and started flying in the rain anyway. They put up one of those sunshades and we flew. The rain stopped around 1 pm, the fun stopped late Sunday evening.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

"Six_O'Clock_High" >>> this sexy little aircraft. The 48" span would be a .25 size.......only

The trick to flying in the wind is to keep the model upwind. That way, if the engine quits, there's a good chance you can land on the field.

Flying in the rain. Wow. You've got me beat on that one, though it has happened accidentally a few times to me.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger