Thunderpower or Poly-Quest your choice ?

I am getting ready for a big li-po investment and I am most likely going to purchase a Thunder Power or Poly-Quest 11.1 volt pack

anyone have info about these brands?

these are the packs I am look at ThunderPower 3S2P 11.1volt 4200 mah (63a constant)

Poly-Quest "twenty" 3cell 11.1volt 3700 (74a constant)

Reply to
Todd Ford

yeah ... "I am look at" oops :-) hehe

Reply to
Todd Ford

FWIW Do not know why, but I have 6 ThunderPower 2 cell units.

2 of them puffed up like pillows. No idea about the Poly Quest units.

Reply to
Indo Ruwet

will get you the skinny on both brands.

Frankly, unless you need ultra high power to weight, the TP are overpriced.

And the Polyquest brand has had its share of flak too.

have a look at

and
as well

And do plenty of research before you spend big$ on something that may be more - or less - than you really NEED.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Today's Lithium Polymer "hi rate" packs are limited to something between 12 and 15C from the tests I and others have made. There seems to be a fair amount of correlation between the amount of voltage dip seen at the beginning of discharge and the damage done to the cells by that discharge. Temperature also plays a key role, packs that rise to over 140 F are subject to significant capacity and cycle life deterioration. What those touting 20C continuous capability fail to tell us (and probably don't have a clue themselves) is the penalty you pay in cycle life when discharging at 20C continuous. Certainly if you are a sponsored F5B flyer, cycle life is inconsequential as you paste the name of the battery on the side of your plane and get a new shipment of packs for every event.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

I have a TP 3S-4200 that's well over a year old, been cycled at least a hundred times, and is holding up great. I also have a PQ 3S-1450 maybe 7 or 8 months old that's doing fair, and a PQ

3S-2200 same age that's not holding a charge worth a damn only running with maybe 7C discharge......
Reply to
CRaSH

Thanks for the tips,

Reply to