Tower Hobbies UPROAR Kit

I just bought the kit from tower, and I'd like to know what experience others here have had with it. It looks like a fun plane. I am going to put a YS 63 in it. This YS has been supremely unreliable for me but I am hoping it will "mate" better with this plane. I figure that with a

13x6 prop I should be able to do just about anything, including hovering at less than full throttle.

Joel

Reply to
Joel

Guessing you got the 60 sized kit. I built the 40 sized kit and I fly it with an OS .32SX. Very fun to both build and fly. At full rates at full speed it will roll like its mounted on a drill motor. Will also fly extremely slow and will hover with no sweat. I think the 40 sized isnt really a good choice for hovering due to its small size mainly because it is very twitchy and reactive to the smallest amount of input. Love it tho! Only mod I would make if I was going to do it over would be to mount the engine sideways or at least at a 45 degree angle to put the exhaust pipe output under the wing. Picture of it can be found at:

Fubar of The HillPeople

Flying my second Uproar 40 right now with the original Tower 40 bushed engine and an 11x4 prop, and I can hover, at least for a short time. Harrier landings are very easy. Elevator/flap mixing makes it really chase its tail. Cheap thrill! A YS63 would fly the 60 size nicely but would way too much for the 40 size. It's best to keep a plane like this as light as possible. My only gripe is that the wire gear is a little springy. You gotta land it 3-point with a bit of power to avoid prop strikes.

Reply to
Morris Lee

I got the .40 kit. How did you get that pattern on the wing like that? I prolly shoulda got the .60 but I have a small car so it will fit better. Some people have had good success with OS 52, 70 and YS 53

4-strokes on the uproar40.
Reply to
Joel