Using a switch for an ESC ?

I'm new to electrics too. After reading the post below about TX off after battery on plane I would like to know if it's a good idea or common practice to have a switch inline with the plug from the ESC to the receiver's throttle connection.

Reply to
Forrest

if it has one, thats where it goes. I|n the positive lead from the ESC to the receiver, which happens to be the throttle lead.

You can cut the (red?) wire and insert a switch if you like.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oops ... sorry about the redundant question. I've been following this group for a while and didn't see any about the switch. Yesterday, without looking , I posted ... go figure.This morning I see the switch question.

Reply to
Forrest