Website Help Needed

Central Hobbies Website -- Problems?
I run the website for Central Hobbies, here in Billings, MT. I've gotten a couple of reports that the site isn't working, but everything
checks out here in Montana. The site comes right up and works fine.
If you get a chance to log on and see if you can get the main page, I'd really appreciate it. The farther from Montana you are, the better.
If you have problems, please let me know, including the following information:
your browser isp (aol, msn, etc.) computer (Mac, IBM) operating system the region you're in.
the url for the site is:
www.centralhobbies.com
Thanks a bunch.
Jim
Problems with overlaying. At the top, the phone number text overlays the "Props ARF Kits ..." and at the bottom the paragraph "Central Hobbies stocks a full range...." overlays a bunch of stuff. Very difficult to read.
MS IE 6.029 Mindspring IBM Windows XP Pro Southeast
-Dave
--
http://plumpe.home.mindspring.com
email: snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

Wayne R. Russ
"Wayne R. Russ" < snipped-for-privacy@olg.com> wrote in message
Looks OK to me - no overlaps and the couple of items I checked seem to work OK. DSL and Netscape 7.2

Ok, thanks everyone.
I know what I need to do on this end to fix it. The layers are being read differently by different system combinations.
Appreciate the help!
Jim

Tons of stuff overlapping at bottom of page and in the column on the left with product categories.
Here are some snaps of what it looks like:
http://www.visi.com/~grante/snap1.png
http://www.visi.com/~grante/snap2.png
http://www.visi.com/~grante/snap3.png
Don't know what the rest of site looks like.
Firefox 1.02, Linux.
--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! INSIDE, I have the
at same personality disorder
wrote:

the
disorder
Looks good from this end. ISP is Rogers and I'm running a PC clone, 2.4 mhz w/ Win XP home. Location is southern Ontario 140 miles west of Toronto. Strange!!

UPDATE: We're fixed.
Here's what seems to have been the problem.
Since I was using "layers" for exact positioning of the elements on the site, the page was subject to radical rearranging when the text-size options are set larger than the default "medium" setting (under the "view" menu for IE browsers). Changing the text size changes the page elements, and since the "layers" are not tied down, so to speak, they can be moved to overlap other sections.
The problem should be fixed now, if anyone who saw overlapping wants to check back and see what you get. (You may need to hit the reset or reload button to refesh the page.)
Thanks again to everyone, for your very valuable help. I might have not found it without your feedback. Now I gotta go and redo some of the other pages.
Jim

Fixed for me (Firefox 1.02, Linux).
--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! It's hard being
at an ARTIST!!

Wayne R. Russ

> I run the website for Central Hobbies, here in Billings, MT. I've
What an innovative way to get a bunch of modelers to visit your site..................

Jim wrote:

Fine here on ADSL, in the UK, Netscape 7