Website Help Needed

Central Hobbies Website -- Problems?

I run the website for Central Hobbies, here in Billings, MT. I've gotten a couple of reports that the site isn't working, but everything checks out here in Montana. The site comes right up and works fine.

If you get a chance to log on and see if you can get the main page, I'd really appreciate it. The farther from Montana you are, the better.

If you have problems, please let me know, including the following information:

your browser isp (aol, msn, etc.) computer (Mac, IBM) operating system the region you're in.

the url for the site is:

Thanks a bunch.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Problems with overlaying. At the top, the phone number text overlays the "Props ARF Kits ..." and at the bottom the paragraph "Central Hobbies stocks a full range...." overlays a bunch of stuff. Very difficult to read.

MS IE 6.029 Mindspring IBM Windows XP Pro Southeast

-Dave

Reply to
Dave Plumpe

Hi Jim,

I got to you site fine. the problem I first saw was that at the bottom of the home page the three paragraphs of text were lying over the merchandize descriptions supposed to be above it.

Reply to
Wayne R. Russ

Looks OK to me - no overlaps and the couple of items I checked seem to work OK. DSL and Netscape 7.2

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Tons of stuff overlapping at bottom of page and in the column on the left with product categories.

Here are some snaps of what it looks like:

Don't know what the rest of site looks like.

Firefox 1.02, Linux.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Ok, thanks everyone.

I know what I need to do on this end to fix it. The layers are being read differently by different system combinations.

Appreciate the help!

Jim

Reply to
Jim

works fine this end using ie6 and a screen res of 1024 by 768 even if i change my res downto 800 by 600 it is fine

Reply to
steves-place www.bigun.serverbox.org

Reply to
strathboy

UPDATE: We're fixed.

Here's what seems to have been the problem.

Since I was using "layers" for exact positioning of the elements on the site, the page was subject to radical rearranging when the text-size options are set larger than the default "medium" setting (under the "view" menu for IE browsers). Changing the text size changes the page elements, and since the "layers" are not tied down, so to speak, they can be moved to overlap other sections.

The problem should be fixed now, if anyone who saw overlapping wants to check back and see what you get. (You may need to hit the reset or reload button to refesh the page.)

Thanks again to everyone, for your very valuable help. I might have not found it without your feedback. Now I gotta go and redo some of the other pages.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Fixed for me (Firefox 1.02, Linux).

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Hi Jim,

I went back. The overlapping is gone. It looks fine now.

Reply to
Wayne R. Russ

Hi Jim,

I went to Fasteners and the

Socket Head Cap Screw

chart looks like it should be over to the left a bit.

Reply to
Wayne R. Russ

What an innovative way to get a bunch of modelers to visit your site..................

Reply to
Tom Minger

Fine here on ADSL, in the UK, Netscape 7

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher