Acad 14, annotations detatched from dim lines

My dimension annotations dont print..they show on the screen, but dont print.. also I can change the layers and colors and the dim lines change, but the annotations stay white/black. they seem detached.

I did a test drawing without the problem.

I probably set this drawing up wrong somehow when I was figuring out how make the anotations larger ...

any clooz would be appreciated.

Reply to
Phil Scott

on days when I am real lazy, I sometimes take a dimension from one drawing where it is what I want, insert it in a drawing that is misbehaving, and match properties.

sometimes this works, sometimes you need to reverse the process.

there are SO many dimension variables..... and I only use the ones I use. you know?

insert the drawing that is misbehaving into the test file that is being a good kid and see if the bad child imitates the good one. that might work too.

Reply to
roy

Did you change the color in the "annotation" part of the dim style? It's in the lower right hand corner.

HTH,

Michael (LS)

Reply to
Michael (LS)

Care to send me the offending file? I use R14 and might be able to see what's different in the dims settings...

Brian Salt. Remove NS from address before email reply.

Reply to
briansalt

O.K. I'll let you know when I have the file.

Brian.

Reply to
briansalt

Not received yet. Might be a bit of a problem somewhere.

Brian.

Reply to
briansalt

Sorry! I've been having problems due to a change in ISP. It has resulted in a messed-up email system, with two addresses.

The instruction to remove the NS was meant to apply to this address:

snipped-for-privacy@NScix.co.uk

but I see that address has not appeared on my messages, but another version of it:

snipped-for-privacy@cix.compulink.co.uk

Removing NS from that creates a false address, which explains why I do not have the file.

Could you please send it to snipped-for-privacy@cix.co.uk without any modifications?

Thanks.

Brian.

Reply to
no-spam-for-hkjffekafphdkdoemehepegkppboihac

And I see that the no-spam gobbledygook has been inserted automatically this time, as the new system is supposed to do! Still using the compulink identification, though.

A trifle long, I think (:-))

Now I'll need to change the signature to advise how to send mail!

Brian Salt. Remove everything before @ and replace with briansalt before email reply.

Reply to
no-spam-for-hkjffekafphdkdoemehepegkppboihac

I sent it to the above address about 10 minutes ago.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott