Acad 14, annotations detatched from dim lines

My dimension annotations dont print..they show on the screen, but dont print.. also I can change the layers and colors and
the dim lines change, but the annotations stay white/black. they seem detached.
I did a test drawing without the problem.
I probably set this drawing up wrong somehow when I was figuring out how make the anotations larger ...
any clooz would be appreciated.
--
Phil Scott
Ideas are bullet proof.
Phil Scott wrote:

on days when I am real lazy, I sometimes take a dimension from one drawing where it is what I want, insert it in a drawing that is misbehaving, and match properties.
sometimes this works, sometimes you need to reverse the process.
there are SO many dimension variables..... and I only use the ones I use. you know?
insert the drawing that is misbehaving into the test file that is being a good kid and see if the bad child imitates the good one. that might work too.
Phil Scott
Ideas are bullet proof.

Did you change the color in the "annotation" part of the dim style? It's in the lower right hand corner.
HTH,
Michael (LS)
Phil Scott
Ideas are bullet proof.
Scott) wrote:

Care to send me the offending file? I use R14 and might be able to see what's different in the dims settings...
Brian Salt. Remove NS from address before email reply.
Phil Scott
Ideas are bullet proof.
Scott) wrote:

O.K. I'll let you know when I have the file.
Brian.
snipped-for-privacy@cix.compulink.co.uk () wrote:

Not received yet. Might be a bit of a problem somewhere.
Brian.
Phil Scott
Ideas are bullet proof.
Scott) wrote:

Sorry! I've been having problems due to a change in ISP. It has resulted in a messed-up email system, with two addresses.
The instruction to remove the NS was meant to apply to this address:
snipped-for-privacy@NScix.co.uk
but I see that address has not appeared on my messages, but another version of it:
snipped-for-privacy@cix.compulink.co.uk
Removing NS from that creates a false address, which explains why I do not have the file.
Could you please send it to snipped-for-privacy@cix.co.uk without any modifications?
Thanks.
Brian.
snipped-for-privacy@cix.compulink.co.uk () wrote:

And I see that the no-spam gobbledygook has been inserted automatically this time, as the new system is supposed to do! Still using the compulink identification, though.
A trifle long, I think (:-))
Now I'll need to change the signature to advise how to send mail!
Brian Salt. Remove everything before @ and replace with briansalt before email reply.

I sent it to the above address about 10 minutes ago.
Phil Scott