Anybody know this one Width factor in dimension? Help

I could really use some help on this one. If anybody know how to do this, I am working in Acad 2004, I want to change the width factor of a single dimension. My width factor in the text style dialogue box is set at (1). In other words, I want to go into the dimension and change the width factor of the dimension. These are associative dimensions. Thanks so much for any help.

Reply to
billyb

Here's my method...

I have multiple text styles created, one with a 1.0 width factor, and the others with 0.9 and 0.8 and so forth, width factors. You then simply change the text style of the dimension for which you want to have the smaller width factor. The next way would be to explode the dimension and then change the width factor of the dtext.

Good luck!

M.

Reply to
M.

smallerwidthfactor. The next way would be to explode the dimension and then change thewidthfactorof the dtext.

THANK YOU, I WAS CONSIDERING THAT WAY, BUT THOUGHT THERE MIGHT BE SOME DIM VARIABLE THAT I COULD TURN ON/OFF, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THAT IS THE BEST WAY, I.E. SET UP DIFFERENT STYLES. THANKS FOR HELP AND REPLY!

Reply to
billyb

If you mean to edit the width of a single dimension text width factor: _ddedit Left click on the dimension In the text formating dialog box on the far right at the bottom you will find the width factor. Change it to whatever width you want for that individual dimension.

Reply to
George P