crash in drawing with many viewports and annotative dimensioning.

The title says it all. I get a message "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and
attempt to continue." Of course I keep clicking continue but the message comes back and there's no continuing. Autocad 2009. There are about 15 viewports. Drawings are using annotated dimensions, text, and leaders. Any suggestions?
sw wrote:

Do you have the service pack installed?
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID 3112&id#34435&linkID40618#section2
Martin