Dead Career - Drafting

I was boiling it down to the minimum. You can do it with two commands.
If the British judge is giving extra points for difficulty ; )
you could throw in a few more, obviously, but you can do it with just the two (with ortho on) in the timeframe you mention.
So you actually sit there and watch them while they do it? That's a pressure cooker for a young person, unless they are quite confident.
I've seen lots of terrible drafting in the various architecture offices where I interned, and know that if I were giving points for style (especially) many wouldn't get past this exercise, including a couple of guys with Master's.

Sir, could I have some more ?
More tests! More tests!
How about meeting those deadlines? ; )
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

How about better planning!
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

It is funny how smart all the engineers and Architects are. You don't know me but have me pegged. You know all about my work ethic and how I work, yet don't know me. Man, you guys are SO smart.
You don't know me to judge me.
Jerks.
I was "talking" to Wooley, and yes we are all jerks.

Well the following statement is seldom wrong.
If looks like a whiner, smells like a whiner, acts like a whiner, it must be a whiner.
Yep.

be
cadalot wrote:

Hey! Way to go on giving someone the benefit of the doubt!
zion9
Please do not take this as a personal attack
IMHO You appear to have a giant chip on your shoulder and seem to be taking the comments heefar toor personally, which many were not.
If someone presents themselves as an experianced person for a job then those skills need to be proved or tested on some way.
Experiance has shown me that the only way to really know how much or how little the guy knows is to test him.
I agree with your comments about training (or lack there off) There is a lot of difference between me taking a trainee from school and training them and paying what is supposed to be an experianced person.
FYI - I ran training during lunch times at work to enable those that wanted to learn AutoCAD or become better draughtsmen. Many that attended were Enginieers and Architects there were also Building Surveyors and Valuers wanting to gain CAD skills.

Took me 4.5 minutes
cute

took me just under 2.5 minutes

I'll wager that he's a "keyboard" guy as opposed to a "button" guy.

Personally its not how fast but how accurate. No point on doing it in 3 minutes if the answer is wrong, take 5 and be right.
--

uNkulunkulu
uMvelinqangi

those 2.5 minutes included pulling dimensions to check my work. ... someone did point out that configuration is a huge factor,, & that is true. if i didnt have all my aliases configured & my settings in place .it would probably double my time,

there are a buttons?
;:: )

To "button" or not to "button"? Answer 1. Yes, why not? Answer 2. No, why bother? Answer 3. Only new people that don't know what they are doing use "buttons". Answer 4. Only oldtimers stuck in the past still rely on the keyboard. Answer 5. Buttons slow you down. Answer 6. The keyboard slows you down. Answer 7. On & on. Another topic, another day. This thread is too long now.

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:00:07 GMT, "S. Scalise"

I don't button, but if it makes you faster go for it

I prefer the keyboard with my own aliases and or lisp commands

people aways told me.. Man you are so fast.. if you would only leanr how to use those buttons, you be twice as fast...