download house plans

I have unsuccessfully searched the internet for a few sample house plans. I found plenty of the simple "brochure" style of drawings, but I am looking
for somthing like a professional architect drawings. Are there a few free samples somwhere?
: I have unsuccessfully searched the internet for a few sample house plans. I : found plenty of the simple "brochure" style of drawings, but I am looking : for somthing like a professional architect drawings. Are there a few free : samples somwhere? : :
Every now and again someone tries to sell 50$ house plans from a website, the plans are downloadable it may or may not be what you want. Try a google search on this newsgroup.
-- ===============================Macleod (Born in the Highlands of Scotland 400 years ago) There Can Be Only One. ===============================
: I have unsuccessfully searched the internet for a few sample house plans. I : found plenty of the simple "brochure" style of drawings, but I am looking : for somthing like a professional architect drawings. Are there a few free : samples somwhere? : :
In fact here is the link
http://www.architectonadisk.com /
-- ===============================Macleod (Born in the Highlands of Scotland 400 years ago) There Can Be Only One. ===============================
Thanks for that URL. Nearly the nadir of design. The first design I saw (1/100) had 1766 square feet on one floor and they couldn't manage to provide an entry foyer/vestibule/hall. You enter right into the dining room, and have to walk 15 feet through it to put away your coat and your boots.
It did have a kewl "vaulted den" though.......
To the OP, anything you get for free is probably worth what you paid for it. Why do you want "sample house plans"? Say it's not for inspiration! If you are looking for samples of (North American) construction drawings you can find some in PDF format on my site.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

room,
it.
Our local community rules do not favor 'ready-made' plans. You have to take into consideration also points of the compass (daylight distribution), adaptation to existing buildings, local conservation rules etc.
But rural 'in the middle of nowhere' builders may have an advantage...

distribution),
Taste and common sense favor this approach as well ; )
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com