drawings/plans wanted

Just curious, I've been searching and searching the internet for days, and while I can find plenty of photographs, I'm looking for some drawings and/or plans for WW2-era boats, in particular the T2 Tanker, Victory Ship, and Liberty Ship, for a project.

Can anyone tell me where I might find online technical resources with plans or drawings?

Thanks very much.

Reply to
Chris

Are these in general what you had in mind? They're simplistic but...

Liberty ship

(bottom of page)

Try searching by a ship name if you know one, like Jermiah O'Brien for instance.

Chris wrote:

Reply to
Grandpa

That's a start, thanks.

I'd prefer abit more detail though, you're right they're rather simplistic. Some good quality line drawings would be great, or some general arrangement plans.

I've got no particulars for ship name, so any would do. Found more pictures than I could ever use, but need good drawings to put it all together.

Reply to
Chris

Chris wrote: : : Can anyone tell me where I might find online technical resources with plans : or drawings? : You may need to take a trip to the National Archives II, in Maryland - that is where most of the BuShips drawings and photos are archived.

I don't know if the Floating Drydock has plan booklets on those ships or not - they probably do, I just haven't paid much attention. They have a website.

You can also contact the SS Jerimiah Brown (I think that is the name) in San Francisco and see what informtion they have available.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Much thanks.

Reply to
Chris

Chris:

I would recommend you try Bluejacket Shipcrafters. They make a series of 1/192 scale shipmodel kits and have all three vessels you mention in their line. I believe you can buy just the plans sets if you so wish.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I'm thinking of a search by the ship name(s) might turn up a bit more than the general victory ship plans generic term.

Reply to
Grandpa

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Also, see George Goff at

http://l>Two commercial suppliers of ship plans for modelers are The Dromedary,

Reply to
John Mianowski

Try from the Smithsonion.

Its $15 for the catalog and the plans range from destroyers to ocean liners. Docfl

Reply to
docfl