Drawing Request

Can anyone out here help me. I need a copy of a Ford oval in either AutoCAD 14 or AutoCAD 2000 format. I'm trying to make skidplate for my truck and
I'm not having much luck so far. Thanks for your help.

AutoCAD
why not raster in a ford oval jpg from a picture on the web and trace over it?
That would probably work, and I used a different process. I used a sign shop program called Flexi, and I opened up a vector art image in this program. I then exported the image as a DXF file. I then opened this in AutoCAD and it opened with no problem. My dilemma comes from the fact that I want to have a CNC plasma machine burn out this Ford oval on a piece of plate material. But it keeps coming up with errors when I send it to the machine. It's like it can't process the ellipses that are the drawing of the letters and the oval. Any ideas as to what to do?

No, sorry. I have no experience with plasma machines. jojo
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Rolling Rock 33) wrote:

Try exploding the ellipses. The CNC machine probably needs straight lines (however short they might be) to produce an ellipse.
I tried exploding them, but it keeps telling me that it cannot explode ellipses. Am I doing something wrong or do I need a newer version of AutoCAD? I am using 14 right now, but I can get 2000LT or 2002, and maybe 2004.
True, you can't explode a "true" ellipse. But if you create your ellipse with PELLIPSE set to 1, AutoCAD will approximate the ellipse with a closed polyline, which may be exploded and manipulated in other ways. ___