Extreamly slow saves

I have a machine that is taking an extremely long time to perform saves, both saveas and qsave. It takes approximately 30 seconds
for 747kb file, usually takes about 5-6 seconds. I am running AutoCAD 2002 on Win2k. I can't find anything on the AutoCAD, any ideas are appreciated. Thanks Cliff

both saveas and qsave. It takes approximately 30 seconds

2002 on Win2k. I can't find anything on the AutoCAD, any

I've run into that before and I solved the problem by copyclipping everything into a new drawing and deleting the old one. I tried this because it was only happening to the one drawing I was working in. If yours is doing it in all your drawings, then it would be somthing else I'm unfamiliar with.
Relz
It could be that the file contains true-type fonts. A pain-in-the-neck for R14, anyway.
Davis) wrote:

try purging your drawing. If any of it came from an acad 14 drawing, you may have some leftover blocks that eat up a lot of memory and slow down your file.