Getting an automation error when I try to do any batch process in acad 2007

I'm unable to run any batch process on acad 2007, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and its still messed up. I suspect that the problem is
caused or was caused by Mcaffee anti virus or MS spyware software which has changed something in the registry. I could fix the problem by reformatting and reinstalling XP and going from there but I really don't want to.
I forgot to mention that the mentioned batch processed used to work