Getting an automation error when I try to do any batch process in acad 2007

I'm unable to run any batch process on acad 2007, I've uninstalled and
reinstalled and its still messed up. I suspect that the problem is
caused or was caused by Mcaffee anti virus or MS spyware software
which has changed something in the registry. I could fix the problem
by reformatting and reinstalling XP and going from there but I really
don't want to.
I forgot to mention that the mentioned batch processed used to work
Reply to
Modat22