hatching went away

I have a drawing where I was turning things off and to edit, and I was running a little lisp to change elevations.
I thaw all my layers and all my hatching is GONE.
???
layers are ON and THAWED. used ssget to select all (0 . "HATCH") and found 95 entities. BUT I CAN'T SEE ANY OF THEM.
???
I WBLOCK "previous" and create a file, when I load said file nothing is visible.
when I attempt to draw new hatch in drawing, I get nothing.
????
is there a hatch visibility system variable that I can have turned off?
roy wrote:

additional information. created 3 new hatches, which do NOT show on screen.
but they are ENUMERATED when I ssx for hatch entities.
???
FILLMODE
roy wrote:

Then REGEN.
Bill Gilliss wrote:

Bill Gilliss wrote:

YES !
thankyouverymuch.
my lisp I was playing with DID NOT include that. the glitch remains unexplained, but we are back on track.
which is very good, I was almost done and it's Friday. owe you a beer.