managing text in dimensions

How does the text style manager work in relation to the dimension style
manager 'text' tab? It would be logical to me if they worked as follows:
1. you create a text style in text style manager with a given font and font
size.
2. You go to the dimension style magager
3. modify a given dimension style (for instance let it be the standard
default style)
4. go to the text tab and choose the text style you created in step 1.
5. that should be all you have to do.
If your dimension you created, whether it be a leader, a linear dim, or
whatever, uses that dimension style (with the chosen text style in the text
tab), it will have the text font and size you created in the text style
manager.
Anyone know how it works, because this does not seem to be the case..
Brian White
Reply to
Brian White
Since you did not explain what did not work in the manner you expected my response may not apply. If you give your text style a size/height such as 9" or 228mm, the dimension text will be that specified size. If you expect the text to be sized proportional to the scale you are using then the text size must be set to 0 (zero).
Reply to
S. Scalise
What scale are you talking about? Brian
Reply to
Brian White
The dimension scale.
Reply to
S. Scalise
OK; I think I got it: So the Text style manager is like an override for any text based operation you perform next (unless it's size is set to 0), Whether it be text in a quick leader, or Multi line text or whatever.
Brian
Reply to
Brian White