mtext editor

Is there an option to change the color of selected text in the mtext editor in 2007? I use a dark backgound and so when I select text, there is very
little contrast, even if I use opaque the background.
Pete
*Right click on desktop* *Dispaly Properties* *Appearance* *Effects* Remove the check from "use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts"

And I can't spell either..!!