OT - Plotter Problems - DesignJet 800

Hi all
Anyone know where I can download service manuals for HP DesignJet800 plotter? Ours has a toothed belt which I believe controls the print head position
across the platten. This is rapidly shredding and the mechanism is making a concerning clunk each time it moves to the rhs of the machine. From Googling, it looks like this belt is a regular issue with this plotter.
TIA
Phil
Add pictures here
✖

I would start here.
http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=s-001&h_query Þsign+jet+800
Bob
Add pictures here
✖

Looks possible:
http://www.feedroller.com/Store/Service%20Manual/DESIGNJET%20500 ,% 20500PS,%20800,%20800PS%20Service%20Manual.pdf
sorry if that wraps..
Add pictures here
✖
"Groove" wrote

Thanks Groove - been struggling with a multi-part rar file - your link was much easier
Phil
Add pictures here
✖
You will probably be better off getting an authorized repair person to look at it... a couple of our HP DesignJets had similar problems and it took more than just a new belt to get them working again - think they also had to replace some of the nylon gears/belt spindles and recalibrate the whole mess.... remember it taking them at least two~four hour on each machine as they had to be nearly completely disassembled to do the work and then put it back together....
Martin
TheScullster wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
"Rowley" wrote

Thanks Martin
Looking at the degree of dismantling needed to replace a belt and the noise the printer's making at the end of the travel, I reckon you could be right.
Phil
Add pictures here
✖
We just had a belt replaced on our HP-700. After the service man put it in we discovered that the paper slicer contraption was bent and he had to "adjust" it so the plotter would work. Don't know what the final cost was - thankfully I don't have to pay the bill!
Janice
TheScullster wrote:

Add pictures here
✖