pickbox gone

I just installed some new nifty hatch patterns from Eldorado Stone (had to monkey around in the support/work files under the files button in
the Option box) and now I have no pickbox. I have "enabled grips" in the Options box under select and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is muy difficult to work without being able to select anything. Thanks.
Try typing PICKBOX and entering a value?