problem

my drawing in model have dissapeared, but they exist in layout. I tryed to open file with IntelliCAD and then saved file as new one, and I tryed to copy-paste to new autoCAd drawing but nothing solved my problem. I have even tried to scale drawing because I can see some small dots which could be my drawing. HELP ME :)

Reply to
mzex

Specify your version

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

When you zoom extents do those dots go to opposite ends of the screen?

One of those dots is probably your entire drawing, seen from a long way = out. The other a rogue entity that got moved or copied to a distant = place.

LIST the dots individually with a window, or have a look at them with = the properties panel.

Reply to
Huw

This often happens when surveyors give you a drawing. Say the northing and easting values are

10,000 and 10,000. Sometimes they also include a point at 0,0. When you do a zoom extents, all points are in the view, and because the two areas of points are so far apart, they only appear as specs of dirt on the screen. Zoom in on each area and delete the objects around 0,0 , then a zoom extents will just be what you've drawn.

Reply to
Jack Goldstein

I have autoCAD 2005 but the drawing is made in 2004.I have tried to list that dot and this is my drawing. everything is there. but when I zoom in as far as possible this drawing is still a dot.I have deleted other dots that where not my document and I tried to copy paste into new drawing. When copying to clipboard I was reported multiply owned object, handle "C44". then I closed all the layers that contained objects map basis (pad for my drawing) and I managed to copy to clipboard but could not paste. I was reported Invalid paste clip. after that I tried to scale objects but then my computer freezed.

Reply to
mzex

I'm having trouble understanding your problem.

How did the stuff that was not "your document" get into the file? What kind of entities/entity are/is "your document? What are your limits? When you list "your document", what do you get? What sizes are things? Have you tried using the WBLOCK command to make a block of "your document" only and then see how that behaves? If you have to you can select your objects from the floating viewport with precision, since you can see them clearly there. If this works you could make a series of blocks with the same insertion point and then put it all back together. You could also try this at the command prompt:

(entget(handent "C44"))

it will tell you what the problem entity is. Maybe you can delete it.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich