Rasters are mirrored in PDFs

It's happened before but I can't remember how it was fixed..... all vector print normally, but all rasters are mirrored making the drawing a
mess.
Using system printer ADI
System printer set to PDF Writer
I tried reinstalling Acrobat 5. I tried removing and recreating the printer in r14. I tried even reinstalling r14.
Nothing seems to work, in any file since the problem happened yesterday. Newer versions handle it just fine. Anyone have ideas?