Re: Importing Wall Styles - ADT 2006

Drag and drop in stye manager isn't how it is done. To copy an individual style or definition right-click the style or definition, and click Copy. Right-click the drawing into which you want to paste the style(s), and click Paste. The styles or definitions are pasted into the selected drawing. If the drawing already contains a style with the same name, the duplicate name is displayed in the Import/Export so resolve duplicate style names, if prompted.

Is there a special trick or incantation one needs to recite in order > to successfully import/export wall styles in ADT 2006? > > I use the Style Manager to open the drawings. I drag and drop the wall > style from open drawing to another. I get a message telling me that > "duplicate names" have been found, and offering the choices to "leave > existing," "overwrite existing" and "Rename to Unique." I choose > "overwrite." It seems like something is happening, and then ... > nothing changes. The wall style is left as is - not overwritten. I've > tried "Rename to Unique, too, and it always reverts back to the way it > had been before I edited it in it's original drawing. > > Ideas anyone? > > Thanks in advance ... >
Reply to
George P