Storing papersizes in PDF file properties

Using AutoCad2004 on Windows XP we plot drawings to Acrobat PDF at 1 of

4 sizes; A1, A2, A3 & A4. For any given drawing, is there a way of easily determining its paper size for the purposes of sending it on to the most appropriate plotter.

If possible, I'd prefer not to have to include this information in either the filename or filepath.

Photos taken with a digital camera, for instance, automatically store information about the size of the image (in pixels). Is there a simple way of automating something similar (mm or A1, etc.) with PDF files?

Presently, we have to open the drawings and examine the titleblock in order to verify the papersize. This is a teeny bit tedious!

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Reply to
strawberry

In case anyone on this site wants to follow or contribute to this thread, it has moved to comp.text.pdf.

Thanks

Reply to
strawberry