__vid card... FX vs. TI, etc.__

I'm about to purchase a new video card, but would appreciate opinions.

Computer: dual Athlon MP 1.2 on Tyan 2460 mobo (all AMD set), 1GB ram OS: Win2kp Apps: Acad 2005 (lots of solid modeling), Photoshop (photo editting), occasional ADT & viz render, some rudimentary Inventor

Must have VIVO (not for anything serious, just playing VCR, some digitizing)

Intended expense: approx. US$200 (could be talked into slightly more)

From what I've read, any GeForce FX5xxxx seems a good choice. Am I on the right track? Also, what's with the TI4200 chipset? How does it fit into spectrum of w/ what's available today, or is that last year's news? Finally, are Radeons still to be avoided for cad?

Thanks in advance, James

Reply to
Kangarc