Viewport ?

I have created a view port and I want to lay another smaller viewport on top
of the existing one, how do I make is so that the drawing in the bottom
viewport does not show through the smaller viewport on top?
Thanks
Les
Reply to
MCG
Assuming Acad 2000+, you can clip it with a boundary something like:
............................. . . . . . . . . ................ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...... . . . . . . . .............................
....being one, single, closed pline.
Reply to
TomD
Using 2002 Land Desktop, I know I could use vpclip, but would rather not as it would be a real pain. Is there like a transparency setting or something?
Thanks
Reply to
MCG
There is not a transparency setting that I am aware of.
-- JASON LEE
Reply to
JASON LEE
Forgive me for asking, but what is so painful about it? Easy as pie.
Two other options I can think of:
1. Place a wipeout in the 'big' viewport to wipeout the area where the small viewport is to go. (I don't recommend this for reasons I don't care to explain at this point.)
2. Create 4 rectangular viewports to get the desired result. Note that this is much more painful than my first suggestion.
Reply to
TomD
Have you ever MADE a pie? ; D
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
the "vpclip" is easy as pie, I have used it several times, but for this application it would just be a pain and not really work for what I'm wanting.
thanks
Reply to
MCG
Define 'made'.
Mabye I should clarify. Easy as baking a pie. ;)
Reply to
TomD
If you'd care to elaborate on why it won't work, I'd be happy to try offerring other suggestions.
Reply to
TomD
OK. Have you ever BAKED a pie?
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Yes! So there!
Nananananan.
Reply to
TomD
Have you tried using the superhatch that comes with the express tools.
Hatch a wipeout over the large viewport, then put your smaller viewport over the top. use the draworder to make the necessary adjustments.
Works for me:)
Reply to
Steve Yoxon