Viewport ?

I have created a view port and I want to lay another smaller viewport on top of the existing one, how do I make is so that the drawing in the bottom viewport does not show through the smaller viewport on top?

Thanks

Les

Reply to
MCG

Assuming Acad 2000+, you can clip it with a boundary something like:

............................. . . . . . . . . ................ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...... . . . . . . . .............................

....being one, single, closed pline.

Reply to
TomD

Using 2002 Land Desktop, I know I could use vpclip, but would rather not as it would be a real pain. Is there like a transparency setting or something?

Thanks

Reply to
MCG

There is not a transparency setting that I am aware of.

-- JASON LEE

Reply to
JASON LEE

Forgive me for asking, but what is so painful about it? Easy as pie.

Two other options I can think of:

  1. Place a wipeout in the 'big' viewport to wipeout the area where the small viewport is to go. (I don't recommend this for reasons I don't care to explain at this point.)
  2. Create 4 rectangular viewports to get the desired result. Note that this is much more painful than my first suggestion.
Reply to
TomD

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

the "vpclip" is easy as pie, I have used it several times, but for this application it would just be a pain and not really work for what I'm wanting.

thanks

Reply to
MCG

Define 'made'.

Mabye I should clarify. Easy as baking a pie. ;)

Reply to
TomD

If you'd care to elaborate on why it won't work, I'd be happy to try offerring other suggestions.

Reply to
TomD

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Yes! So there!

Nananananan.

Reply to
TomD

Have you tried using the superhatch that comes with the express tools.

Hatch a wipeout over the large viewport, then put your smaller viewport over the top. use the draworder to make the necessary adjustments.

Works for me:)

Reply to
Steve Yoxon