Anvil for sale on cl

Got to love those craigslist ads
http://albany.craigslist.org/grd/1851983370.html

Good one Gunner - I looked at the pic, thought that it looked alright, and just assumed it was my ignorance of anvils that had missed something obvious. Corrected a few errors in your tagline.
Andrew VK3BFA

Aww Gunner , now you've made me feel like a rat. I know I shouldn't play "poke the winger with a stick" games, but, sometimes, the temptation is just too much. Your like a rabbit in a field, jumping up and down yelling "shoot me shoot me" to a passing kid with a . 22.......irresistible......maybe you Yanks dont do things like this, here its called "stirring" from stirring the pot to see what floats up. Andrew VK3BFA.
In alt.crafts.blacksmithing Gunner Asch wrote:
Cool, a newsgroup! :) ...been hangging out on website forums too much. :/
And since this thread is dead as soon as the CL ad is pulled or expired...
Read a book called... "It came from Jekyl Island". Anybody here read it too? :)
There's a family/group that owns more than half the wealth on the planet. The book is about that group.
We are all just their serfs, see? So, kick back and enjoy life as a slave/serf? :)
Alvin in AZ (libertarian, as if that matters)
Of course we dont..least those of us who are veterans. We tend to find a hide, wait for the target, fire one round, then sneak away, fine a new hide, wait for the target, fire one round, then sneak away and so forth and so on.
Its called "long range personell interdiction"
But then..you Brits have encountered that from Yanks before..havent you?
<VBG>
Afterall..the relevant Americanism is "one shot, one kill"
Gunner
So, if your that good, why did you need automatic weapons - surely water buffaloes weren't that hard to hit, were they? Andrew VK3BFA.
One could not be a successful Rightwingers without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Rightwingers, a goodly number of Rightwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch (in a more lucid moment)

Bike chain? You never heard of guitar strings? Black Diamond were particularly reliable.
Since there is not much activity on this list right now, I will chime in:
I grind anvils for people who want them flat: http://www.spaco.org/anvils.htm
When I looked at the picture of that anvil, it appeared to me that the face has been peened wider for several inches towards the step end. That means, to me, that the face must have been somewhat soft----or that the anvil has had a LOT of use by someone who knew how to forge. That's not all bad, but it means that there will be a low spot in that area, maybe as much as a tenth of an inch. Some people don't like a "flat" anvil face, but, take it from me, it's a lot easier to forge stuff when you don't have to continually correct for a "swaybacked" face. I just spent 6 days working on one of them.
And, maybe that "slip of the tonque "Bud Hayden" is similar to people selling Rollexxx watches at $25US.
Pete Stanaitis -------------------