900 series parameters

Are the 900 series parameters (Fanuc) specific to a machine tool? While changing the memory backup battery my Fanuc0MB controller has reset and I don't have any backup data of the parameters. Is there any way to aquire the 900 series parametrs if they are not specific to machine tool. In case if they are specific to machine tool what should one do?

Plz help.

Reply to
atul.thakur

john smith

If you have not lost the sheet, the OEM should have printed and shipped the 900-999 parameters with the machine...usually a Fanuc printed document. Also, do you have another machine/control just like this one? If so, hold the EOB button when doing a print out and I believe the 900 parameters get printed out also...been awhile, but I believe that works. Otherwise, contact your OEM with your serial number and they can get them for you. By the way...what equipment is this and what is the serial number? Someone out there may have the prior and after machines made and could get you real close. However, these contain the OPTION parameters and all machines are different. Remember, the sky is blue!!! You'll get it...and take notes for the next time.

Reply to
george.schweikert

0 controls had their option parameters in the 900's

?????

Reply to
???

What machine do you have? I may have a copy of a similar machine's data? A couple of years ago I started to collect them.

OK now class.. one more time... Why do we leave the Fanuc control ON when changing batteries?

Reply to
Steven Haerr - CNCTrader Corp

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1111379635.947317.205790 @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

They are specific to the machine tool. In addition to the "normal" options, they specify if the machine has additional axes, pmc's, etc.. If you didn't have them backed up and have no copy, you're only hope is to contact the machine builder and see if they have a record. Otherwise if you have an identical machine, you can go by the settings in that machine.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy

"john smith" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

On the 0 control it's the 900 parameters.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy

An what do we do right before we change the batteries...is it... backup?

Reply to
yourname

"Steven Haerr - CNCTrader Corp" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Make that ANY CONTROL.

Reply to
Anthony

Look through all your paperwork for the machine and also in all the little pockets in the cabinet. At one time there was a printout of the parameters with the machine.

You will have to punch them in by hand.

John

Reply to
john

for this problem, MTB put a backup parameter sheet in your machine and in his factory. check your machine, there is a parameter sheet or not. and for option parameter, there is Fanuc option parameter sheet in your machine. by this option sheet, Fanuc or MTB A/S man can check your machine. if you lost two (MTB parameter sheet and Fanuc Option sheet), call not fanuc but MTB. but last version of fanuc cnc system, to input option parameter,MasterKey is needed. in this case, it is too hard for you to upload parameter without this key.

Reply to
MachineTools

Anthony wrote in news:Xns9620B5F5FBDD6acziparle3sp835@216.77.188.18:

Not any more. The new Fanuc 30 series has an automatic flash ram backup. You can then reload parameters, offsets, etc. from the flash ram, if the battery power is lost.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy

And if ya aint got even that--well I guess fools must be born by the minute these days...

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

To heck with all that stuff. Flip the toggle switches to the correct positions. Put the tape in. Go. Put the parameter tape in. Go. Done !

if you don't have the executive tapes, you're too dumb to own an nc machine ;)

Reply to
hamei

hamei wrote in news:c1.2c.2w0pCJ$ snipped-for-privacy@huey.wanlong:

Tape?.....hamei...where have you been in the last 10 years....hehe. Can you even buy a tape punch/reader on a new machine anymore?

Reply to
Anthony

New ? NEW ? Jesus h keerist Anthony, don't talk like that ! you'll give me a heart attack or sumpthin' ! Sheesh !

Reply to
hamei