Gibbscam 2009

Before my comments are censored you might still be able to see them here:

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

I don't want to argue with you because I have very little knowledge about other cam programs but I have been using beta version of V9 for last few months and I like it a lot. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Do you use Gibbs to draw parts with?

Do you like how Gibbs creates geometry?

Does it make sense to you that all your machining operations get shoved in just one tile list?

When you have tons of operations does your machining operations tile list get very hard to manage?

Do you think that tile lists are still a good interface tool?

Do you think that the Gibbs Operation Manager really allows you to manage your operations?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Sorry Jon. Again I sent you an email in stead replying to the group.

As I said in my previous reply I can't compare it to other programs but I find creating geometry very easy, same with simple solids. A lot less clicking than in AutoCad. I use 5 axis option a lot even for 3 axis work by changing Tool Axis Control to 3 axis which makes surfacing a lot simpler and tool paths nicer. V9 has new ``3-D Advanced Machining``option but I have not played with it to much yet. It suppose to be really nice. Not knowing any better tile list is fine for me even when I have over 200 operations. Jerry

Do you use Gibbs to draw parts with?

Do you like how Gibbs creates geometry?

Does it make sense to you that all your machining operations get shoved in just one tile list?

When you have tons of operations does your machining operations tile list get very hard to manage?

Do you think that tile lists are still a good interface tool?

Do you think that the Gibbs Operation Manager really allows you to manage your operations?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Jerry

Don't worry about it Jerry. Jon has no working knowledge of Gibbs, or other CAM systems either.

Reply to
Joe788

Did you want a response in this newsgroup or by e-mail?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

I don't need a response. This is just my opinion and even if I am wrong this is all I have at work. Jerry

Did you want a response in this newsgroup or by e-mail?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Jerry

Your failure to look at other systems and realize how far behind Gibbscam and Autocad are compared to others programs will cost you many opportunities.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Great, GREAT opportunities.....like tumbling down the stairs and losing a briefcase full of cold pizza and CADCAM literature.

Reply to
Joe788

Reply to
Jerry