GibbsCAM MTM Multi-Task Machining

Hi, Has anyone used GibbsCAM on a Mazak Integrex style lathe? B-axis, tool changer and a sub-spindle.

How new the is the MTM module ? Do you have to rely a lot on the post to do things you can't do or see with the interface?

Ya know...does MTM work?

I logged into the Gibbs message boards and the MTM section is frighteningly empty....not even folks typing to hear themselves exist. And what few posts there were, were stretched out over several months. Yikes. If no one is complaining to a software manufacturer, then I figure, as an inveterate malcontent, that no one is using the software.

BN

Reply to
billynevada

The Gibbscam message board is very highly censored and you will

*never* read the truth there.

The truth is that Bill Gibbs had to sell out to Cimatron and that Gibbscam is very badly behind. Gibbscam needs a complete rewrite from the ground up. The MTM section is probably one of the few areas Gibbscam is competitive / leads.

The blame for the Gibbscam fiasco can be placed squarely on Bill Gibbs shoulders as he lost touch with what machinists need for tools a long time ago and refused to spend the money to rewrite Gibbscam from the ground up. Cimatron needs to take over all development of Gibbscam and they need to fire Bill Gibbs.

One wonders how much a worthless, liar like John Callen sucked out of Bill Gibbs over the years... he's no longer there. Bill Gibbs loves to surround himself with idiots who kiss his ass and agree with his never-ending line of bullshit.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Do you know of any Gibbs Training Videos like the ones at CIM Tulsa for esprit that you mentioned?

And as far as the Gibbs re-write / Gibbs B.S. On his forum's website, I saw an open letter from Mr. Gibbs. He was talking about how Adherence to Windows software standards was a paramount concern for him. I stopped reading. I'm guessing he's not run his version 9 yet and must be talking about the Windows Certified and as yet un-released v10. Windows adherence? I was looking for the Mac-In-Dos window that GibbsCAM was running in.

Reply to
billynevada

Yes, but they are insanely overpriced and don't cover MTM, the TMS system, etc.

Basic Mill Kit: $800.00

Advanced Mill Kit: $600.00

2-Kit Mill & Advanced Combo: $1300.00

Sadly, I know of no one else who produces Gibbscam training videos.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer