Heidenhain TNC426 on Anayak

Anyone used one of these? I never have, till yesterday. I think I've found a sleeping giant in the shop? Never seen a machine like an Anayak. Seen Heidenhain controls, but never really used one. Hmmm...whilst reading the manual last night out in my garage, I needed a beer. All that was in the fridge was a coulple of corona's my boys did not drink. Damn, I don't have a bottle opener! So what comes to mind? ......... HOLDZEM - of course. its the best thing since sliced bread ages 5-95 I'm coming up with more things it Holdz every day:

phase 69 : bottle openers ______ /_____/\ Best Regards, /____ \\ \ Gil Pawl /_____\ \\ / HOLDZEM=A9=AE /_____/ \/ / / /_____/ / \//\ West Chicago, IL \_____\//\ / / USA \_____/ / /\ / \_____/ \\ \ \_____\ \\ \_____\/

milgil

Anybody?............... any comments?, smart ass or otherwise?.......... Cliff where are you?

\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM=A9=AE king

Special alt.machines.cnc offer: Send me your mailing address by e-mail & I'll send you some Holdzem's for the cost of USPS, around $3-4 in US.

Reply to
milgil

Heh! I was going to say "How's that working for you?"

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Could'nt be better! noth'in f-uped, nobody on my ass, gotta pretty good job, health & family ok, what else is there? ..............

Hey this Anayak (nickname: maniac) is a beast! After looking over the manuals, this old SOB will to macro programming, ISO G-code highbread with macros. It has a tiltable head in 2 axis, glass scales, 50taper,

30hp gear drive spindle. Seems like its in pretty good shape for a 96? It works! I don't think anyone has used this machine to its full capibilities? For some reason they gave up on it & bought a Hurco last year. Now I'll have to learn how to use it. Maybe brush up on my Spanish so I can ask questions to the Ananyak service dept? Or lurk the news group in Spain for CNC?

\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the Anayak king

Reply to
milgil

snipped-for-privacy@cin.net wrote: (....)

No idea. Sounds like fun, though!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Ok I did it. Its stuck on the upper Z limit switch by me power feeding before axis alignment was preformed. Their has to be a sequence of bottons held or somthing to manually crank off the limit stop? I cant see climbing up on top if the bitch to manually release the Z brake & hand crank the screw - with the machine off? WTF? \|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM=A9=AE king

Reply to
milgil

Ok I did it. Its stuck on the upper Z limit switch by me power feeding before axis alignment was preformed. Their has to be a sequence of bottons held or somthing to manually crank off the limit stop?

No, there doesn't. Better get out your wrench.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

"Can you jumper the switch while manually jogging off of it? Maybe not much better anywway.."

LOL Yeah.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Can you jumper the switch while manually jogging off of it? Maybe not much better anywway..

Reply to
Half-Nutz

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Just un plug the bitch & set it so its normaly open. Who cares if someone runs it against the mechanical stop? Powwwwwwww - ouch. Guess I'll have to open the dredid operators manual. Heidenhain's manuals are very well written by comparison to others I've seen. Hey this old war horse took a 5mm(.200") doc. full width with a 2.5in Kennimetal shell mill at 150m/m around 250 RPM thu interruptred cuts - did not even shutter/shake or squeal in Titanium alloy! Hmmmm- I like it. Its raw HP & a solid machine.

\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM=A9=AE king on a brighter note:

Holdzem=A9=AE its the best thing since sliced bread ages 5-95 Everyone in the world can use a Holdzem! even people on AMC that don't like it can use Holdzem=A9=AE!

milgil

What switch ?

Reply to
Brother Lightfoot

How was the over travel generated, trip dog, micro switch, proximity switch, software (encoder/position), servo?

-- Tom

brewertr

Remove it.

Don't forget to put it back.

Reply to
Brother Lightfoot

..

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Ok problem solved. After reading the manuals without any luck due to Spanish-English translation & Anayak's terminology to button names, does not apply. Climb up & manually crank it down with the power off.

\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM=A9=AE king

Reply to
milgil

On Jun 1, 11:50=A0pm, Cliff wrote:

This is the beast to cut Titanium on, thats for sure. Side cutting

6AL4V 2"round 3/4"in on side, full depth thru. No problemo. Using a Kennimetal 1.5" carbide inserted type hog mill. Freekin editing & Heidie's way of doing things is a bit........ different?- f'in backwords if you ask me. WTF do I know? It is kewel haveing that much frekkin 50taper raw "turtle" power & stability on a machine tool. The load meter never moved. Freekin carbides are holding up nicely after a boat load of pcs. Whats really kewel is you can power feed all 3 axis simultaneous. 6 big seperate buttons just for power feeding! Setup's ect. or just scaring the shit out someone just walking up! Start at the far end of the table travel X60"- Y30" Z30" - then 3D XYZ power feed, using all 6 buttons to allow for y&z running out of travel before x , till your about 2" from your part/vise whatever- of course with the door wide open. Hell its only about a 100IPM at max? that can be veryied with the override pot. Why the hell do I think of this shit? Oh I forgot, I'm a displaced moldmaker thats "DM" sufix on business cards. I was using "MD" :-) mold doctor - but some just dont have any sense of humor? How can you have a sense of humor when you have no sense? Or you could say I'm just a plain old DP? Displaced person. Really? I'm retired at 52. this work shit is just childs play. Plus the children don't listen to the old man any way! Oh not celebrating B/D's any more either. Just anniversaries. =3D 17th aniv. of 35th.

Ya Ya You Vill Use das Heidenhain machine now!

Fuck I've been in so many places my brain is like a cultural melting pot!

Reply to
cncmillgil

ON TOPIC

Anyone used ANY type of Heidenhain control? TNC 426& TNC 4... are similar. (late 90's controls) I'm intrested in the built in "Q" paramter programming & ISO programming capabilites. Kinda reminds me of a "half-bread" a little g- code mixed with propriettary code like CR (circle rad) L (liner), CP (circle polar), ect. but conversational - direct print input. Seems like you can do allot with very little input. IE like 2.5D sweeps ect. I've not messed with the ISO end yet. I'll have to see if IT13 has a post for it. I'm sure it does, somewhere in the world. Maybe Italy or Spain? I'll have to brush up on my translation skills I have all the manuals, but time to read them is scarce. Any help or pointers on this old beast would be appreciated.

Reply to
cncmillgil