Kurt Knock-off Problem

jon_banquer wrote:

I guess that's one way out, you Pussy! Claim you never received it.
gk
What did you say your real name was?
Where did you say you were located?
What are you so afraid of you lying little scumbag?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

I simply jerked your chain with little or no effort on my part. It's soooo easy to do and it's just one technique I use to own you.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

You jerked my chain by posting incorrect information and then going apeshit when proved wrong? That's amazing!!

I have jerked an idiot like you around for years.... that's what's amazing and it's sooooo easy to do. Take almost no effort on my part.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

No need to imagine. Here is a MUCH better vise than the chicky-flexomatic you like;)
<http://www.dapra.com/workholding/allmatic/
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d
in

The Chick Build-A-Vise prototype I saw and tried at the Haas open house in Phoenix (Tempe) over a year ago appeared to be very strong. Chick was supposed to sell this vise for the same price as the standard Kurt vise. I called Chick today and this vise project maybe dead in the water. I think they are having problems with cost. The Dapra vises are probably not priced to compete with Kurt. Seems like this would be a good opportunity for someone to capitalize on.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

I am really not in the market for vises or anything else. Loosers like me just like to call and try and impress people. Most of them see right thru me so I then post my usual crap about them and their products.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

chicky-flexomatic
I am really not in the market for vises or anything else. Loosers like me just like to call and try and impress people. Most of them see right thru me so I then post my usual crap about them and their products.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
<plonk>

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:46:31 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Ya, they are called Kurt Knock-offs.....and you can see how good they are...........LOL.
Tom
On Apr 11, 6:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Brewer better ask your wife for even more help. As per usual you have your head shoved up your ass. See your own comments below:
Ignorant:
"Jon, I never forgot any of your postings about SDRC I made the wrong decision in spite of what you said. There have been a number of times that my Wife has told me to be careful in dealing with someone and after words says "I told you so". She earned the right to say it as well as you have earned the right to say I TOLD YOU SO. I made a decision that went against my better judgment and as usual it turned out poorly." .... Tom Brewer
Ignorant:
"I do not purchase programs unless I know before hand that they are what I want and/ or need."... Tom Brewer who can't follow his own advice. See above.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer thinking he and his pals like Joe788 can play their Usenet staking games, lie on a repeated basis and suffer no consequences for doing so.
Ignorant:
"I have shot myself in the foot, not an easy thing to do when it is in your mouth and your head is in your ass."... Tom Brewer admitting what he's often like.
Ignorant:
Someone who has a proven track record of not being able to deal with or accept the kind of change that occurs in the cadcam market... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Someone who doesn't live in San Diego yet insists there is no shortage of CNC machinists here... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Someone who criticizes someone on SolidWorks but has never helped anyone with specific SolidWorks answers. Someone who is not able to answer any questions that "Vinny" had on master modeling or skeletal modeling. Someone who has never posted any models they have done... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer's failure to understand who Matt Lombard really is.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer's unable to comprehend what's on the cover of the SolidWorks Bible:
"Whether you're a new, intermediate, ...."
Ignorant:
Someone who can't understand more than a simple "I love it!" or "I hate it!" type of comment ... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer implies that because you acknowledge that the $25 SolidWorks course covers subjects / topics that the $650 SolidWorks course didn't that you're now somehow an idiot and got screwed when you decided to purchase the $650 SolidWorks course.
Tom Brewer Writing About SmartCAM:
"I ended up paying a consultant $40.00 per hour for two weeks."
"FYI, when I said "Solid modeling" in reference to SmartCam it was tongue in cheek. What you could not see is that when I was typing that I was laughing to myself. Anyone that uses SmartCam and Solid Modeling in the same sentence cannot be taken seriously."
Recently Tom Brewer said SmartCAM had no user interface problems and yet the record shows Tom Brewer thinks SmartCAM does indeed have user interface problems:
"The only real problem that I run into is that the screen can get cluttered and it becomes difficult to pick and choose elements in Free Form. I just use the utility masking feature to hide what is in the way, that cures the problem but it does add work (I tried the snap filtering and snap options but for me it was not the best way), I have seen other packages that handle picking and choosing in better."
Conclusion:
Tom Brewer thinks he's a SolidWorks expert. A SolidWorks expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/2007/07/spend-a-littleo.html#comment-76366100
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:36:37 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

It always seemed to me that price should be the last consideration. I like the Allmatic vise because on top of being very rigid you can set the closing pressure. So if you have a part that tends to bow, crush or deform any monkey can run the job without over or under tightening the vise.
Allmatic demos the vises at machine shows by chucking on an egg. You can try to tighten it as tight as you can but it won't let you break the egg.
Allmatic's quad type vises for mounting on a HMC pallet are definitly more rigid than the Chick. But you really have to be getting after it pretty hard before you notice any deflection in the Chick.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d

What does it say about a shop when they spend a 100 grand + on a cnc mill, then worry about the price of a vise?
Gary H. Lucas

That the owner of Bottlebob's shop has a mentality that is common to many job shop owners and it hurts them in many ways.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:59:39 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Yep that's why his employees are able to drive cars worth 10-20X yours.....LOL
Gary H. Lucas wrote:

Gary:
    That they are looking for the best value for their dollar? <g>
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Same thing that happens when shops buy a CAM or CAD/CAM package and try to skimp on training it ends up costing more money than it saves.
On Dan's link when the page opens up and it has a bold banner saying "Financing Available" you know your in for sticker shock....LOL. Can see how they could be invaluable in a high production enviroment.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Tom:
    Then that doesn't pass the "Cost to Benefit" ratio test.

    I'm sure a number of different (and expensive) vise systems could pay for themselves in a high production environment. But I'll say that I've never been one to believe that "You get what you pay for" in an absolute sense. There are often cheaper substitutes that are more than adequate for task at hand. Not always. But to just buy something because it's the most expensive without researching other sources always seemed a little extravagant.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

A personal observation, I see way too many people skimp on training.

You're absolutely correct, I did not recommend anyone purchase them without checking into them further. No matter what there should always be justification for the purchase and investigating alternatives should be part of that process.
You may not always get what you pay for and on the other side of the coin the cheapest rout is often not the most cost effective one.
Tom