Kurt Knock-off Problem

Anvil, meet furnace.

Reply to
Joe788

More misquotes, good job! And you're claiming I'M a liar? You're so insane you can't even keep track of which username you're signed in with.

Reply to
Joe788

What did you say your real name was?

Where did you say you were located?

What are you so afraid of you lying little scumbag?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
larryrozer

I already told you.

I already told you that too.

What lies, Larry?

Reply to
Joe788

What did you say your real name was?

Where did you say you were located?

What are you so afraid of you lying little scumbag?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
larryrozer

CTRL+C

CTRL+V

Pathetic.

Reply to
Joe788

Jon:

I wouldn't be so quick to take a flame-thrower to any possible bridges, especially before you even get to them. You never know what the future may hold. IMO, it's always best to keep your options open.

Reply to
BottleBob

What bridge are you talking about?

I will never be interested in working for the person who owns the shop you work for.

Constantly increasing my skills is the only security I believe exists.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

What did you say your real name was?

Where did you say you were located?

What are you so afraid of you lying little scumbag?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Yes, I do own him Carol. Unfortunately he's not worth much.

One thing you haven't grasped yet, Carol is that there came a time in my life when I realized there are many sources of information and if someone is a lying, worthless scumbag like both you and Joe788 are, it's much better to find advise from those who aren't.

How about an example of someone who isn't a lying, scumbag like you and Joe788 are. Lets take, Dan Murphy. I've had my differences in the past with Dan Murphy and they only have made me respect him as a person more.

You and Joe788 on the other hand are pieces of shit and I could careless what either of you post even if it's sometimes helpful. On the other hand, Dan Murphy, I'm *always* happy to thank and acknowledge where I have learned from something he's posted. He has a lot to offer and I'm convinced he's a very good person even if we disagree on many issues.

Face FACTS Carol, you want me to respect you and have wanted it for years. After the scumbag tactics you mistakenly thought you could pull on me, you will never, ever get my respect.

Having said this, is there any chance you can drink yourself to death quicker? If you let me know where you're going to be buried, I will promise to make a special trip and piss on your grave.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

HAHA!

Of course, I'm not a good source of info. Except I've factually proven wrong every idiotic piece of "info" you thought you knew in this entire topic. Again, I can tell why you try to keep your responses limited to copy/paste of useless statements. Every time you try to discuss something you make a complete ass of yourself.

Dan is definitely a fantastic guy, and he has a lot higher tolerance for bullshit than I do. That's why he's able to dialog with raging fraud, such as yourself.

A successful business owner who has and does everything you've ever DREAMED of having or doing, longing for the "respect" of a late 40's nomadic CNC *operator* with the employment record of a meth addict? Sounds plausible!

Reply to
Joe788

Quick question here Bob, what's the average term of employment for the people you're working with right now?

Reply to
Joe788

"John R. Carroll" wrote in news:zunMj.19958$% snipped-for-privacy@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com:

My limited experience FWIW - If whatever you buy chatters, pack it up and send it back. I've found that some boring systems have a harmonic that isn't compatible with the machine tool. It doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with the rigidity of the machine.

As an example, we had a customer give us some parts, along with their boring head and bar for a test cut. No matter what we did the bar chattered. So we grabbed a DeVleig head and bar we had kicking around and despite the DeVleig being on the small side, put it in and we couldn't make it chatter. The finish was perfect.

We show the customer the results and they say that's wierd. They started with a DeVleig bar on their current machines and couldn't make good parts. The head and bar they were using was the only thing they found that would work.

Both our machine and their machine were higher end, properly constructed Japanese machines. We had an integral spindle, theirs didn't. Still... wierd.

I've found that certain tools/speed/feed combinations that work well in one machine will often chatter like mad in another otherwise rigid machine. My theory is the harmonics are not compatible.

Reply to
D Murphy

OK, so how do you buy and protect yourself from having to eat an expensive high quality system that won't work? I can easily imagine ending up with a tool vendor refusing to take something back that will work on their demo machine but not mine. They'd just tell me it was my machine and from your comments, they'd be right.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I think you just call up the local rep, and tell them you want to test their boring system. If it work, you'll buy it, if no, you won't.

We used to do this with Kaiser and Tecnara all the time. Any of the big players should take care of you, especially if you show them the parts!

Reply to
Joe788

I'd agree if I intended to use this machine for production but that isn't my intention. While I'll be using it to make parts, it will look a lot more like a tool room machine and I'll spen ten times more time building fixturing with it that anything else. Anything long running will probably be big mold cavities.

LOL I can't flash this stuff around much and nobody gabs like tooling or machine tool guys

A Wohlhaupter Digibore is looking better and better. I'm sure there will be "sticker shock" involved. Any of the good systems are pricey but some of the manufacturers command pretty big premiums for their brands. Wohlhaupter is one of those.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

John

That goes for most anything German. They really like their stuff a lot.

(Notice the word most since everyone seems in concerned about semantics.)

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

Joe:

QUICK question??? Heh, OK. Let me try and list the employees by years of employment.

M. Programmer. Has probably been there 17 yrs. J. Manual toolmaker. 18 yrs. S. Manual machinist. 15 yrs. R. Programmer. 13 yrs. Me. Programmer. 12 yrs. R. Manual toolmaker. 11 yrs. J. Lathe Programmer. 7 yrs. J. Programmer. 6 yrs. P. Programmer. 5 yrs. J. Shop sweeper/helper 3 months

Now these are my recollections (and estimates for those that were there before I arrived), and could be off a little. There is very little turnover, there were probably three other machinists hired while I've been there the past 12 years that moved on. This is not counting the college kids we hire for short periods of time to help out operating, deburring, & cleaning. We all function pretty well together, more like family, or a team, than expendable and easily replaceable cyphers. Actually, you spend more time with your coworkers than your real family, so IMO, it pays to put out that little bit of extra effort to get along and help each other.

Reply to
BottleBob

LOL Someone would have been sure to point out that Fette is pretty competitive

They weren't always. Haimer is also reasonable.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

"John R. Carroll" wrote in news:nprMj.8258$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com:

I don't know. On the OEM side we never have that problem. The tool vendors willingly give us tools to try for free. Huge discounts on tools we buy. Plus they will always take tools back that don't work, providing that its not a special. We eat the specials.

I would think that any decent tool supplier would take back an off the shelf item. Maybe charge a restocking fee.

Reply to
D Murphy