Kurt Knock-off Problem

I don't know. On the OEM side we never have that problem. The tool vendors willingly give us tools to try for free. Huge discounts on tools we buy. Plus they will always take tools back that don't work, providing that its not a special. We eat the specials.
I would think that any decent tool supplier would take back an off the shelf item. Maybe charge a restocking fee.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d
D Murphy wrote:

Hopefully this won't be an issue. I've got a little leverage with Iscar and Haimer but most of what I'm looking at won't be in North America, let alone California.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Yep, LOL....you have enough experience to know you don't stand a chance getting a job there, they would see right through your false facade.
On Apr 12, 9:26 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The only person more dangerous than a noob in a machine shop, is a clueless person who THINKS they know what they're doing. Could you imagine leaving Mr. Bonkers alone in a high tech shop for 3 hours?
"The only person more dangerous than a noob in a machine shop, are the button pushing idiots I hire who won't challenge my limited skill set."
Now it's correct you lying scumbag.
What did you say your real name was?
Where are you located?
What are you so afraid of you lying, chicken shit little pussy?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

More misquotes, good job! And you're claiming I'M a liar? You're so insane you can't even keep track of which username you're signed in with.
What did you say your real name was?
Where did you say you were located?
What are you so afraid of you lying little scumbag?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Apr 12, 11:39 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I already told you.

I already told you that too.

What lies, Larry?
What did you say your real name was?
Where did you say you were located?
What are you so afraid of you lying little scumbag?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Apr 12, 11:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

CTRL+C
CTRL+V
Pathetic.
What did you say your real name was?
Where did you say you were located?
What are you so afraid of you lying little scumbag?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

That would be called "Lights out Manufacturing", right?

Here is "Lights Out Manufacturing" featuring Tom Brewer.
Lights out, no one's home:
"Jon, I never forgot any of your postings about SDRC I made the wrong decision in spite of what you said. There have been a number of times that my Wife has told me to be careful in dealing with someone and after words says "I told you so". She earned the right to say it as well as you have earned the right to say I TOLD YOU SO. I made a decision that went against my better judgment and as usual it turned out poorly." .... Tom Brewer
"I do not purchase programs unless I know before hand that they are what I want and/ or need."... Tom Brewer who can't follow his own advice. See above.
"I have shot myself in the foot, not an easy thing to do when it is in your mouth and your head is in your ass."... Tom Brewer admitting what he's often like.
Someone who has a proven track record of not being able to deal with or accept the kind of change that occurs in the cadcam market... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Someone who doesn't live in San Diego yet insists there is no shortage of CNC machinists here... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Someone who criticizes someone on SolidWorks but has never helped anyone with specific SolidWorks answers. Someone who is not able to answer any questions that "Vinny" had on master modeling or skeletal modeling. Someone who has never posted any models they have done... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Tom Brewer's failure to understand who Matt Lombard really is.
Tom Brewer's unable to comprehend what's on the cover of the SolidWorks Bible:
"Whether you're a new, intermediate, ...."
Someone who can't understand more than a simple "I love it!" or "I hate it!" type of comment ... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Tom Brewer implies that because you acknowledge that the $25 SolidWorks course covers subjects / topics that the $650 SolidWorks course didn't that you're now somehow an idiot and got screwed when you decided to purchase the $650 SolidWorks course.
Tom Brewer Writing About SmartCAM:
"I ended up paying a consultant $40.00 per hour for two weeks."
"FYI, when I said "Solid modeling" in reference to SmartCam it was tongue in cheek. What you could not see is that when I was typing that I was laughing to myself. Anyone that uses SmartCam and Solid Modeling in the same sentence cannot be taken seriously."
Recently Tom Brewer said SmartCAM had no user interface problems and yet the record shows Tom Brewer thinks SmartCAM does indeed have user interface problems:
"The only real problem that I run into is that the screen can get cluttered and it becomes difficult to pick and choose elements in Free Form. I just use the utility masking feature to hide what is in the way, that cures the problem but it does add work (I tried the snap filtering and snap options but for me it was not the best way), I have seen other packages that handle picking and choosing in better."
Conclusion:
Tom Brewer thinks he's a SolidWorks expert. A SolidWorks expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/2007/07/spend-a-littleo.html#comment-76366100
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:35:13 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

[ Is that your version of "lights out" manufacturing? ]-brewertr
[ After I leave and I'm gone for say 4 hours before returning it is. ]-Jon Banquer-
[ Slight difference between a couple of hours of unattended operation and REAL "Lights Out Manufacturing". ]-brewertr-

ROTFLMFAO
The only false facade is the one an ignorant moron like you creates for yourself, Brewer:
Ignorant:
"Jon, I never forgot any of your postings about SDRC I made the wrong decision in spite of what you said. There have been a number of times that my Wife has told me to be careful in dealing with someone and after words says "I told you so". She earned the right to say it as well as you have earned the right to say I TOLD YOU SO. I made a decision that went against my better judgment and as usual it turned out poorly." .... Tom Brewer
Ignorant:
"I do not purchase programs unless I know before hand that they are what I want and/ or need."... Tom Brewer who can't follow his own advice. See above.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer thinking he and his pals like Joe788 can play their Usenet staking games, lie on a repeated basis and suffer no consequences for doing so.
Ignorant:
[...]
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
    I wouldn't be so quick to take a flame-thrower to any possible bridges, especially before you even get to them. You never know what the future may hold.     IMO, it's always best to keep your options open.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

What bridge are you talking about?
I will never be interested in working for the person who owns the shop you work for.
Constantly increasing my skills is the only security I believe exists.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Quick question here Bob, what's the average term of employment for the people you're working with right now?
Joe788 wrote:

Joe:
    QUICK question??? Heh, OK. Let me try and list the employees by years of employment.
M. Programmer. Has probably been there 17 yrs. J. Manual toolmaker. 18 yrs. S. Manual machinist. 15 yrs. R. Programmer. 13 yrs. Me. Programmer. 12 yrs. R. Manual toolmaker.    11 yrs. J. Lathe Programmer. 7 yrs. J. Programmer.         6 yrs. P. Programmer.         5 yrs. J. Shop sweeper/helper 3 months
    Now these are my recollections (and estimates for those that were there before I arrived), and could be off a little. There is very little turnover, there were probably three other machinists hired while I've been there the past 12 years that moved on. This is not counting the college kids we hire for short periods of time to help out operating, deburring, & cleaning.     We all function pretty well together, more like family, or a team, than expendable and easily replaceable cyphers.     Actually, you spend more time with your coworkers than your real family, so IMO, it pays to put out that little bit of extra effort to get along and help each other.