Kurt Knock-off Problem

wrote:

MasterCAM, Fanuc, Matsuura or thier machine tool sales outlet in San Diego county?
[ Don't get much of a chance to use a broom anymore. Our 1/2 million dollar Matsuura horizontal with 12 pallets has a conveyor that dumps chips into a small dumpster.
<snip>
I have move the contents of the small dumpster (using a forklift) and dump it outside into a very large dumpster. I admit I'm not the greatest forklift driver and I sometimes get a few chips on the ground that I have to sweep up. One of the advantages of a 1/2 million dollar Matsuura horizontal milling machine that uses a ton of macros and has 12 pallets is that it can run for long periods of time unattended. In fact, this is a huge reason my shops owner purchased this machine. ] -Jon Banquer
[ Jon, You may want double check the number of pallets on that machine before you go shooting off at the mouth again. ] -joe788-
[ The beautiful thing about working with this 1/2 million dollar horizontal machine with 12 pallets is that I spend very little time running parts and spend the majority of my time on programming, setting up and optimizing the program. ] - Jon Banquer -
[ You have a machine designed for high production. You are glad that your machine spends little time running parts while you are programming, setting up and fixing programming errors (AKA: optimizing the program) at the control...........LOL........... only in Banquerland could someone be happy about that. ] -brewertr-
[ Jon, when did you figure out that the machine only had 11 pallets? Was it the HUGE "PC-11" printed on the front and side of the machine? ] -joe788

Jon must be twins, no one person could be this stupid.

Now it's correct, Brewer
Ignorant:
"Jon, I never forgot any of your postings about SDRC I made the wrong decision in spite of what you said. There have been a number of times that my Wife has told me to be careful in dealing with someone and after words says "I told you so". She earned the right to say it as well as you have earned the right to say I TOLD YOU SO. I made a decision that went against my better judgment and as usual it turned out poorly." .... Tom Brewer
Ignorant:
"I do not purchase programs unless I know before hand that they are what I want and/ or need."... Tom Brewer who can't follow his own advice. See above.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer thinking he and his pals like Joe788 can play their Usenet staking games, lie on a repeated basis and suffer no consequences for doing so.
Ignorant:
"I have shot myself in the foot, not an easy thing to do when it is in your mouth and your head is in your ass."... Tom Brewer admitting what he's often like.
Ignorant:
Someone who has a proven track record of not being able to deal with or accept the kind of change that occurs in the cadcam market... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Someone who doesn't live in San Diego yet insists there is no shortage of CNC machinists here... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Someone who criticizes someone on SolidWorks but has never helped anyone with specific SolidWorks answers. Someone who is not able to answer any questions that "Vinny" had on master modeling or skeletal modeling. Someone who has never posted any models they have done... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer's failure to understand who Matt Lombard really is.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer's unable to comprehend what's on the cover of the SolidWorks Bible:
"Whether you're a new, intermediate, ...."
Ignorant:
Someone who can't understand more than a simple "I love it!" or "I hate it!" type of comment ... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer implies that because you acknowledge that the $25 SolidWorks course covers subjects / topics that the $650 SolidWorks course didn't that you're now somehow an idiot and got screwed when you decided to purchase the $650 SolidWorks course.
Tom Brewer Writing About SmartCAM:
"I ended up paying a consultant $40.00 per hour for two weeks."
"FYI, when I said "Solid modeling" in reference to SmartCam it was tongue in cheek. What you could not see is that when I was typing that I was laughing to myself. Anyone that uses SmartCam and Solid Modeling in the same sentence cannot be taken seriously."
Recently Tom Brewer said SmartCAM had no user interface problems and yet the record shows Tom Brewer thinks SmartCAM does indeed have user interface problems:
"The only real problem that I run into is that the screen can get cluttered and it becomes difficult to pick and choose elements in Free Form. I just use the utility masking feature to hide what is in the way, that cures the problem but it does add work (I tried the snap filtering and snap options but for me it was not the best way), I have seen other packages that handle picking and choosing in better."
Conclusion:
Tom Brewer thinks he's a SolidWorks expert. A SolidWorks expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/2007/07/spend-a-littleo.html#comment-76366100
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:38:49 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

LOL....
John R. Carroll wrote:

What? A sociopath calling someone else the same? That's like the pot calling the kettle black.
--
Black Dragon http://improve-usenet.org

Fortune understands that the vote on a bill to legalize bisexuality

Anvil, meet furnace.

Yes, I do own him Carol. Unfortunately he's not worth much.
One thing you haven't grasped yet, Carol is that there came a time in my life when I realized there are many sources of information and if someone is a lying, worthless scumbag like both you and Joe788 are, it's much better to find advise from those who aren't.
How about an example of someone who isn't a lying, scumbag like you and Joe788 are. Lets take, Dan Murphy. I've had my differences in the past with Dan Murphy and they only have made me respect him as a person more.
You and Joe788 on the other hand are pieces of shit and I could careless what either of you post even if it's sometimes helpful. On the other hand, Dan Murphy, I'm *always* happy to thank and acknowledge where I have learned from something he's posted. He has a lot to offer and I'm convinced he's a very good person even if we disagree on many issues.
Face FACTS Carol, you want me to respect you and have wanted it for years. After the scumbag tactics you mistakenly thought you could pull on me, you will never, ever get my respect.
Having said this, is there any chance you can drink yourself to death quicker? If you let me know where you're going to be buried, I will promise to make a special trip and piss on your grave.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

HAHA!
Of course, I'm not a good source of info. Except I've factually proven wrong every idiotic piece of "info" you thought you knew in this entire topic. Again, I can tell why you try to keep your responses limited to copy/paste of useless statements. Every time you try to discuss something you make a complete ass of yourself.
Dan is definitely a fantastic guy, and he has a lot higher tolerance for bullshit than I do. That's why he's able to dialog with raging fraud, such as yourself.

A successful business owner who has and does everything you've ever DREAMED of having or doing, longing for the "respect" of a late 40's nomadic CNC *operator* with the employment record of a meth addict? Sounds plausible!

My limited experience FWIW - If whatever you buy chatters, pack it up and send it back. I've found that some boring systems have a harmonic that isn't compatible with the machine tool. It doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with the rigidity of the machine.
As an example, we had a customer give us some parts, along with their boring head and bar for a test cut. No matter what we did the bar chattered. So we grabbed a DeVleig head and bar we had kicking around and despite the DeVleig being on the small side, put it in and we couldn't make it chatter. The finish was perfect.
We show the customer the results and they say that's wierd. They started with a DeVleig bar on their current machines and couldn't make good parts. The head and bar they were using was the only thing they found that would work.
Both our machine and their machine were higher end, properly constructed Japanese machines. We had an integral spindle, theirs didn't. Still... wierd.
I've found that certain tools/speed/feed combinations that work well in one machine will often chatter like mad in another otherwise rigid machine. My theory is the harmonics are not compatible.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d
D Murphy wrote:

OK, so how do you buy and protect yourself from having to eat an expensive high quality system that won't work? I can easily imagine ending up with a tool vendor refusing to take something back that will work on their demo machine but not mine. They'd just tell me it was my machine and from your comments, they'd be right.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

I think you just call up the local rep, and tell them you want to test their boring system. If it work, you'll buy it, if no, you won't.
We used to do this with Kaiser and Tecnara all the time. Any of the big players should take care of you, especially if you show them the parts!
Joe788 wrote:

I'd agree if I intended to use this machine for production but that isn't my intention. While I'll be using it to make parts, it will look a lot more like a tool room machine and I'll spen ten times more time building fixturing with it that anything else. Anything long running will probably be big mold cavities.

LOL I can't flash this stuff around much and nobody gabs like tooling or machine tool guys <G>
A Wohlhaupter Digibore is looking better and better. I'm sure there will be "sticker shock" involved. Any of the good systems are pricey but some of the manufacturers command pretty big premiums for their brands. Wohlhaupter is one of those.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

That goes for most anything German. They really like their stuff a lot.
(Notice the word most since everyone seems in concerned about semantics.)
Best, Steve
--

Regards,
Steve Saling
Garlicdude wrote:

LOL Someone would have been sure to point out that Fette is pretty competitive <G> They weren't always. Haimer is also reasonable.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Garbage compared to these :
http://www.calibration-solutions.co.uk/id6.html

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

They must be really good then. Have you ever actually used a Wohlhaupter?
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Why of course.

PrecisioNmachinisT wrote:

I thought you might have. What's the difference?
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Mostly the incredible ease and repeatability of fine diametral adjustments--see, on those the tool tip adjusting slide sits at an angle IIRC of appx 30 deg...only downside with the arrangement is that diameter adjustment also effects a cooresponding change in tool length--easy enough to deal with though as with the majority of fine boring operations in general the actual hole depth is not overly critical, and even so a change in length of a couple though still allows very easy blending to say an existing .005 floor rad....any programmer worth his mettle is always going to have the tool staying off of the floor by a tad anyways so as to eliminate there being any honk or ripple going on down there anyways, no ?
Any ways they wer the cats ass IMO and were the standard adjustable tool of choice for the jig bore, on the devliegs jig mill though Komet the guys put up against Wall Hopper when they began moving towards modular stuff and Komet won out--only the old wallhopper facing heads seeing continued use.
Now with all that having been said, my personal preferance here for boring anything larger than what your little finger will get stuck inside of is still the plain old devlieg style microbore...
Recalling Kennametal as having finally bought the line at some point in the late 80's early 90's when the universal houdaille tooling line was spun off of the machine tool side, not sure if the european "microbore" is the same thing but under a differen license or what.

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

Sam, First, thanks for the feed back. I looked over several systems and went with the DigiBore from Germany. As you well know, there are always competing factors in such a decision and I was able to test two on the actual machine tool. Dan was right when he said chatter has little to do with "Quality" in a general sense. Get any and you can move on regardless statements or testimony that the system in question works great on some other guys hardware. Frankly, I don't much care about that. I have to produce the desired result with the machine at hand and a tool guy nocking a high dollar SNK will have a hard time getting my ear.
I was surpised at the manufacturers that agreed to bring in hardware as well as those that declined to do so.
Thanks again to all.
Best Regards
--

John R. Carroll