Mastercam X3 question

I need to make a change in geometry external to MC. How do I "import" the new file into an existing MCX file? The idea is to keep the existing toolpaths and settings without starting from scratch.

I'm doing lathe parts so I use AutoCAD 2D drawings.

Dave

Reply to
Dave W

Off the top of my head: start a New (blank) MCX file, Open the AutoCad DWG , Save (as .mcx automatically) Then Open the existing MCX file you want to "import" to, and Merge the .mcx file you just Saved.

HTH Mal

Reply to
Mal Boswick

Mal, thanks. I used File, File Merge/Pattern and brought the .dwg directly into the old MCX. It however does not see the new geometry when it creates a tool path. I'll go back through the lesson tutorial and look for the cause. Beats starting over for a minor change.

Dave

Reply to
Dave W