Okuma LB45 comparing to ....... ?

Hi all, I trying to find out which Lathes are compareable to Okuma LB45.

I'm looking especially for a lathe which gives a torque of a round and about

4200 Nm at +/- 30 m/min. We want to use the Lathe for turning Hastelloy, Inconel etc. on diameters of +/- 500mm.

Greetings Joep van Andel

Joep van Andel

"Joep van Andel" wrote in news:423c76c7$1$152$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl:

Check out Mazak for one.

Reply to
Anthony

Anthony wrote in news:Xns961E9C0B61420acziparle3sp835@216.77.188.18:

Anthony does Mazak have a 60 horse 4 speed geared head lathe? For some reason I don't think of them for big heavy turning. Just curious if my impression of them is wrong.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy wrote in news:Xns961EF20A82D17dmurph740aolcom@130.133.1.4:

Here is one...only 3 speeds though.

FLATBED LATHES-POWERMASTER CHUCKER SPECS Maximum Swing 42" swing over gap Maximum Swing over the Bed 34" Spindle Bore 4.6" Std. (10.2", 12.5", 14.7" Opt.) Max. Spindle Speed 1,200 rpm Standard (750, 500 Opt.) Spindle Nose A1-11, (A2-15 Opt.) Main Spindle Motor 60 HP (30 min. rating) / 40 cont. No. of Spindle Gear Ranges 3 Rapid Traverse Rates (X / Z) 470 IPM / 470 IPM Tool Size 1.5" x 1.5" Max. Boring Bar 2.5" Bed Lenth 80" Turret Type Flat Octagonal No. of Tools 8

Reply to
Anthony

We don't insist on a large-footprint.

We did/do consider a VTL but the we need a tailstock, we do a lot of grooving in parts we big diameters small length but generating a lot of pressure when grooving.

Kind regards,

Joep van Andel

Reply to
Joep van Andel