OT: Explorer (11) upgrade problems with windows 7

Be warned before you download and install the m/s explorer 11 update that it does not work on my computer.
Fortunately my main browser is Firefox 25, which seems to be
working well, except for some explorer [11] specific features which some site designers insist on using (such as correctly displaying the <complete purchase> button). [Thought -- did healthcare.gov test for compatibility with older versions of explorer and other browsers such as Opera and Firefox?]
my system: O/S windows 7 home premium machine Acer Aspire laptop 5552-3452 AMD dual core 4 gb mem
Explorer 11 downloaded and installed c. 3PM 07Nov13 Latest m/s system patches downloaded and installed before Explorer upgrade.
Let the group know how your upgrade goes/went.
back to v.10
On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 19:07:12 -0600, F. George McDuffee

=========================FWIW- Recovery procedure on my laptop.
To return to your previous version of explorer undo the update to version 11 following the directions on the following site http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/09/getting-rid-of-internet-explorer-11-in-windows-7-8-and-8-1/
You can download the M/S upgrade directly from the M/S website (c. 56 mb) and then try to reinstall. There are versions for both 32 and 64 bit versions of win7 so be sure to get the right one. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id@901&WT.mc_id=rss_alldownloads_devresources
When I uninstalled the v.11 update, my old v.10 came back and seems to run OK. As it ain't broke, I ain't gonna fix it...
On Friday, 8 November 2013 01:07:12 UTC, F. George McDuffee wrote:

I have a simple solution, I use clonezilla on an old USB stick to copy my hdd partition image to my NAS (used to do it to an USB HDD). Takes half an hour and there is no need to install software on the computer or buy any as clonezilla is free.
DanP