OT Survey, Which Party Do You Think Will Be Better For Machine Shops?

To All:
    I'm as sick of the political bickering threads as everyone else, but I AM curious about one thing. Which party do you think will be better
for the prosperity of machining and machine shops?
[ ] Obama
[ ] McCain
Comments:
P.S. Please, no crossposting to kook groups, I couldn't care less what they think.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

McCain.
โœ–

Which party do you think will be better for the prosperity of machining and machine shops? Or what would be good for the country.
This country cannot afford another 4 years of republican bullshit.
Add pictures here
โœ–

This country cannot afford another 4 years of partisan bullshit.
โœ–
ํ
Add pictures here
โœ–

65% of my work goes straight to the desert, the rest goes down the oil well. I still have to consider where I live. Consider... Wealth transfer Education Health Care Infrastructure Run away inflation Property values National Debt
McCain's choice of VP is good for his campaign, not the best for leading a country. You have to question the decision process with this guy.
Add pictures here
โœ–

OT question; is it possible to change the VP after an election ( not as result of impeachment or criminal conviction ) ?
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 20:01:35 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Resignation or Death
Add pictures here
โœ–
jon_banquer wrote:

Suggest squirrel away some cash for a boat ride to China.
--
Black Dragon

"My husband commits an inconceivable act of perversion with a
โœ–

McCain has a proven track record of working with Democrats. That's one of the things I really like about him.
โœ–
I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that DL
alt.machines.cnc :

    ah, so your taxes are too low, and you need help determining your future.
    Well, do now worry, do not fret, the One will solve all the problems of the world, once he ascends to the throne. After all, are not his accomplishments there for everyone to see?
tschus pyotr -- pyotr filipivich "I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed over walking into the saloon, because when I asked the bartender whether they served zombies he said, ‘Sure, what'll you have?'" from I Hear America Swinging by Peter DeVries
Add pictures here
โœ–
pyotr filipivich wrote:

PF:
    My intention wasn't to elicit insults, sarcasm, or campaign speeches, we've had more than enough of those in the political threads.     My intention was to just take a survey.
    Which party do you think will be better for the prosperity of machining and machine shops?
[ ] Obama
[ ] McCain
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
โœ–
On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 06:37:45 -0700, BottleBob
<snip>

<snip> ------------- An oxymoron. Try which candidate will be *LESS* harmful to the prosperity of machining and machine shops, and even this construction is problematical. What you gain in possibly reduced taxes and other regulations you loose through "free trade."
There is a rapidly increasing [perception of] the probability of a *SERIOUS* US economic implosion/melt-down and/or medium scale shooting wars in several locations, all of which happen to be in oil producing locations.
The failure of either candidate or party to even mention the conservatorship of Freddie and Fannie shows again how they are simply branches of the same toxic tree. Who are the candidates calling for the reimplementation of Glass-Steagal? [see Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (P.L. 106-102) http://www.electionnews2008.com/glass-steagall-repeal-caused-subprime-disaster.htm ] Which parties have a plank calling for RICO prosicution of the market manipulators and financial scam artists [with asset disgorgement]?
Most likely this contracting, even imploding economy, will be very bad for the majority of machine shops, indeed all manufacturing, but some, especially those shops that have retained the traditional repair and reverse engineering skills will make out OK, not get rich but survive. These will not be the larger shops with high overheads [and payments], but the smaller, older shops. Automotive and automotive related will continue to take it in the shorts, and most will go down the tubes, along with the big three when they file chapter 11 [reorganization, aka "shoving the pensions off on the taxpayers, and defaulting on the other debts], and then on into chapter 7 [liquidation].
Add pictures here
โœ–
I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that BottleBob
alt.machines.cnc :

    McCain. Economics is as much about psychology and expectations as it is about money. If enough people begin to believe the economy is in the dumps, they will stop buying "stuff" - being frugal, watching their money. Which is bad for machinists, cause there aren't customers to buy the stuff we make. Even if we make widgets for airliners. Or widgets for sale to the military. Or "diode mounts" (I don't know what they are for, they're copper, about a half inch on a side, and have really tiny tolerances. We made a hundred and eight yesterday and today.) -- pyotr filipivich "I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed over walking into the saloon, because when I asked the bartender whether they served zombies he said, ‘Sure, what'll you have?'" from I Hear America Swinging by Peter DeVries
Add pictures here
โœ–
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Economics and finance are two completely different things. You, on the other hand, are just a cross posting dumb ass tracking Mark Weiber. The two of you couldn't provide the ingredients for a single functioning neuron.
Be sure you vote. That's what's important.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com
BottleBob wrote:

[X] None of the above
[X] Other
Proctologically Violatedฉฎ
--
Black Dragon

"My husband commits an inconceivable act of perversion with a
โœ–

I appreciate the, uh, penetrating support, but more correctly, it's the Independent Party of the Proctologically Violated (M)asses-- IPPVM.
Please send $$, as our campaign does need a little greasing up, as we are a little strapped-on for cash.
--
PV'd

โœ–
BottleBob wrote:

I pick McCain more because I see less potential for harm, or as is so often the case in politics, he looks to be the lesser of two evils. But neither are addressing many of the really critical issues, the hard ones that carry the kiss of death in political campaigns.
And we're hanging on by such a thin thread, I think it will be a small miracle if whoever does get elected doesn't trigger some financial disaster through unintended consequences. Even if they do, the house of cards could still fall from external stimuli.
Jon
Add pictures here
โœ–

Amen -- like the Q of how to get that hyooge Congressional/Corporate Strap-on out of our Collective Asses.
Altho I myself think obama is the lesser of two evils. But either way, I doubt the vision/intellect/philosophical integrity/strength of either is enough to do much/avert much.
Ron Paul was proly The Dude, but since he has a few shreds of dignity, the Pubic was not sufficiently enamored.
McCain has no dignity whatsoever -- he'd slither on the ground, belly up and naked, iffin the Pubic wanted him to.
Obama is just a natural showman.

Amen again.
Would that be the house of 3-card Monte, by any chance?? Wall Street 3-card Monte -- or Ponzi -- it's hard to tell which -- are inherently fragile. I think said house of house of cards has stood up this long because we have an effing Pubic who elected Bush -- TWICE!!!!
And Gunner et al, who're (dats "who are" ) not even apologetic or embarrassed about it. goodgawd....
And I'd bet that if Bush ran again, he'd win again!!! Why?? Because said Pubic thinks they could kick back with ole George, talk shit, and chug a few beers--and maybe even blow up a cupla bullfrogs in the parking lot with ole George. Yup....
Plus, I think a good fraction of said Pubic wants to bang Laura.
The only people who really care about Iraq are the parents who lost kids over there. Ahm still hopin fer free oil -- but then ahm an effing moron.....
--
PV'd-4-ever

โœ–
DrollTroll wrote:

I saw him soundly marginalized on Fox News, never heard him mentioned at all on CNN. I may vote for him on a write in.

Saw him and Sarah at some rally on TV today. She's talking, and getting everyone whipped up but good. She's a natural at it, have to give her that. But there's McCain behind her with a goofy grin, obviously thrilled that she's doing exactly what he picked her for, knowing he probably couldn't come close to matching her charisma. I think McCain is a good and decent man in and of himself, but I think he looks at the Presidency like you or I might gaze upon that sinfully fast muscle car we always wanted. His time has passed, but he's not giving up.

He is that. I'm no expert on body language, but I do pretty good at reading people. There's something about him that just doesn't sit right with me, can't really quantify it. I don't trust him any further than I can throw a Bridgeport.

Oh, we've created a nasty enough mine field ourselves, but I was thinking it could be something out of left field, from another country. Chavez cutting off all our oil, that sort of thing. Or a natural disaster like an 8.0 on the New Madrid fault. That would make Katrina look like a turd dropped in the toilet.... (hmm, what a metaphor....)

Dunno, with his approval rating I doubt it. But then, Congress rates even lower and most of those bastards will be back.
What I want to know is where the hell are the middle of the road voters? They can't exist in significant numbers anymore, or someone would be pandering to them. JB's dead nuts on with his comment on partisanship. It's real effective at keeping us from peeking behind the curtain.
Something else I wonder about. We, the people, do NOT directly elect the president. That is done by the electoral college. Just fer grins, what IF, Ron Paul won the popular vote in a landslide on a write-in miracle, but the electoral college voted in Obama or McCain? Hmm.... Could a third party even elect a president with the electoral college system? It was created at least in part as a check/balance sort of thing, to help prevent public opinion being swayed by publicity. Or so I once read. Given how the media can sell us almost anything these days, a pure democratic populist vote could almost be a scary thing. Imagine the mud slinging that would ensue in the final few days hoping for a couple point swing!
But in the end, a populist vote might be the only way to break into the two party system. And even if someone did, what could they really accomplish if the Republicrats decided to unite and stymie him/her? Geez, I just said 'if'. Like such a thing is even open to question....
Jon
Add pictures here
โœ–