OT Survey, Which Party Do You Think Will Be Better For Machine Shops?

Ain't that the truth. I think it depends on who you are. LOL

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Since you're a member of that society that makes you the same as the rest, right? Effeminate.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Ah, I thought it had gone through and stuck. Seemed to me a ways into Bush's first term there was talk that he hadn't used the line item veto like he'd promised.

Well then, am I mistaken again, or didn't McCain talk about using the line item veto recently in a speech?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

That's what I thought also John.

Reply to
Garlicdude

Thanks for the citation.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Politics does make for strange bedfellows.... (ooh, there's a cliche that suddenly sounds creepy....)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

It is late, I'm going to bed, but I do believe in the market as a force. They and the other macs should have been allowed to fail but we live in a no risk society now. You can do all sorts of stupid things now, like build 12 feet underwater, live in a flood plain, live on a coast subject to hurricanes and your risk is spread to those that make better choices.

I tend to think the government screws up the market whenever it gets involved. Medicaid, Medicare, education, and now mortgages.

I'm a fan of I make my choices I live with my choices. I'm not stupid, if I pick bad, it is my problem. Dealing with the stupid by birth types we have to help out. We must take care of the least of us if it they were not born with the ability to care for themselves.

I'll look over your other points and respond later.

Have a good night John,

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Lou Dobbs was doing a segment on all the different forms of immigration visas we have now. Why is it that in a country of 300 million, up from 186 million when I was in grade school we want to let more people in, most of them being laborers?

We have sent the illegals back before. Time to do it again if 18 percent is the right number.

BTW, 7 in 10, 18 percent? Likely unconnected since back then men worked and women often stayed at home. Some Americans were children. You want to rework those numbers ;)

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Line item veto would effectively eliminate the two houses of congress and the budget process while putting TOO much power in one man/woman's hands. Would be great if the right person was sitting in the seat.

However, if lies and/or misrepresentations from ALL those seeking elected office were turned into dollars we wouldn't be running a deficit. You could remove the counter

from your web site.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Not my fault that you wear women's undies.

Reply to
mich

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that BottleBob wrote on Wed, 10 Sep 2008 06:37:45 -0700 in alt.machines.cnc :

McCain. Economics is as much about psychology and expectations as it is about money. If enough people begin to believe the economy is in the dumps, they will stop buying "stuff" - being frugal, watching their money. Which is bad for machinists, cause there aren't customers to buy the stuff we make. Even if we make widgets for airliners. Or widgets for sale to the military. Or "diode mounts" (I don't know what they are for, they're copper, about a half inch on a side, and have really tiny tolerances. We made a hundred and eight yesterday and today.)

-- pyotr filipivich "I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed over walking into the saloon, because when I asked the bartender whether they served zombies he said, ?Sure, what'll you have?'" from I Hear America Swinging by Peter DeVries

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I'd be pleased to do so Tom.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

As a masculine male I'm a token member of US society. I'm considered sexist, a throw-back to by-gone days but surrounded by wanna-be bra-burners who love to please me.

Tip: Women have no respect for men who bow to feminism.

Reply to
Strabo

[X] None of the above

Comments:

Neither party will be good or bad for machine shops. IMO, military spending & rebuilding is good for machine shops. It takes up capacity result is increased prices for other sectors. (This is not an endorsement for just an observation and my personal opinion.)

With regards to economy ship is already in motion, to change the direction for the next four years steering direction needed to start years ago. Economy can't turn on a dime, it can crash on one though.

To make real changes in the economy a party needs to control both houses and the presidency as well as a willingness to commit political suicide.

I don't see a difference between parties, seem to be just opposite sides to the same coin. Both spend our taxes to buy votes and stay in power. The game is to make people believe someone other than themselves is paying for it.

Haven't seen anyone, any party in office willing to put the countries welfare above their own.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Economics and finance are two completely different things. You, on the other hand, are just a cross posting dumb ass tracking Mark Weiber. The two of you couldn't provide the ingredients for a single functioning neuron.

Be sure you vote. That's what's important.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Sort of like the "Use of Force" authorization that Bush messed up. The problem doesn't lie in the authorization. It's in the judgement and excercise and Barney Franks had little to do with that. The mistake he made was trusting the administrations representations AGAIN. As you obviously have.

Lyndon LaRouche is an idiot.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

------------- It might make perfect sense, but google on "signing statements" for >200k hits.

for a list of the 2001-2008 "signing statements" click on
In many cases these "signing statements" not only rescinded direct/specific Congressional appropriations and/or reallocated funds, but also changed the intent/content of legislation, in affect saying I like this section and will enforce it, but I don't like that provision and won't enforce it. This even extends to the declaration of war.

Nice to see the 'ule of law" in action....

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

I think Bob made an oblique reference to just this earlier.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

LMAO.....I agree,however when I see Dodds name attached to anything to do with mortgages it raises red flags.

This is in the same league as Rangel writing tax bills.

BTW....John, IMTS was very good......for some reason I actually enjoyed it.

DaveB

Reply to
DaveB

All that proves is there really IS something wrong with you! LOL

Reply to
John R. Carroll