OT Survey, Which Party Do You Think Will Be Better For Machine Shops?

GWB ran on that same bullshit about being an outsider.
Garlicdude wrote:

GD:
    This Camille seems very taken with listening to herself talk, but she did say something I thought was candid/insightful:
=======================================================================    "...the vacuum was filled with a hallucinatory hurricane in the leftist blogosphere, which unleashed a grotesquely lurid series of allegations, fantasies, half-truths and outright lies about Palin. What a tacky low in American politics -- which has already caused a backlash that could damage Obama's campaign. When liberals come off as childish, raving loonies, the right wing gains." ======================================================================    The recent poll number shifts from Ob to Mc tend to bear this out.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Paglia has a habit of being brutally honest about the liberal agenda which is refreshing since she is a liberal.
Wes
The Black Goat With A Thousand Young wrote:

Machismo or masculine. There aren't many masculine males left in the US. I class the US as an effeminate society.

perhaps
Since you're a member of that society that makes you the same as the rest, right? Effeminate.
Hawke
Hawke wrote:

As a masculine male I'm a token member of US society. I'm considered sexist, a throw-back to by-gone days but surrounded by wanna-be bra-burners who love to please me.
Tip: Women have no respect for men who bow to feminism.

Strabo wrote:

Tip: the word you were searching for above is "girls."
Dan

Not my fault that you wear women's undies.

After his creepy ad attacking Obama for wanting to teach kids about avoiding being molested SlimeCain has no claim to any decency.

You mean Obama the baby killer?

I'm gonna have to go with McCain. I can't see anything good happening for anybody who makes over $50,000-$60,000 a year if Obama is elected, and that includes a lot of machinists, and certainly most (successful) machine shop owners.
The latest issue of Modern Machine Shop has a fantastic article on the way our current tax system works, and Obama seems to be running his campaign on the fact that he'll magnify/multiply the problems with that very system.
From MMSOnline.com:
http://www.mmsonline.com/columns/the-truth-about-how-the-income-tax-system-works.aspx
"I did not write it. I wish I had. The source is T. Davies, Professor of Accounting at the University of South Dakota School of Business, who told me he got it from a student. So, the real author remains unknown. Heres the article:
Lets put [income] tax cuts in terms everyone can understand. Suppose that every day, ten men go out for dinner. The bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:
The first four menthe poorestwould pay nothing; the fifth would pay $1, the sixth would pay $3, the seventh $7, the eighth $12, the ninth $18 and the tenth manthe richestwould pay $59. Thats what they decided to do. The ten men ate dinner in the restaurant every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day the owner threw them a curve (in tax language, a tax cut).
Since you are all such good customers, he said, Im going to reduce the cost of your daily meal by $20. So now dinner for the ten only cost $80. The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes, so the first four men were unaffected. They would still eat for free. But what about the other sixthe paying customers? How could they divvy up the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share? The six men realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. If they subtracted that from everybodys share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would end up being paid to eat their meals.
So the restaurant owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each mans bill by the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay. The fifth man now paid nothing, the sixth paid $2, the seventh paid $5, the eight paid $9, the ninth paid $12, leaving the tenth man with a bill of $52 instead of his earlier $59. Each of the six was better off than before, and the first four continued to eat for free.
However, once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings. I only got a dollar out of the $20! declared the sixth man, pointing to the tenth. But he got $7!
Yeah, thats right! exclaimed the fifth man. I only saved a dollar, too. Its unfair that he got seven times more than me! Thats true! shouted the seventh man, Why should he get $7 back when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks! Wait a minute, yelled the first four men in unison. We didnt get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!
The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up. The next night he didnt show up for dinner (or, in the real world, he took his business out of the country), so the nine sat down and ate without him. When it came time to pay the bill, they discovered, a little late, what was very im-portant. They were $52 short of paying the bill. Imagine that!
And that, boys and girls, journalists and college instructors, is how the tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much or attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up at the table anymore. Where would that leave the rest? Unfortunately, most taxing authorities anywhere cannot seem to grasp this rather straightforward logic! The end!
Now, I have a favor to ask of you: Please send a copy of this article to every politician you know who could influence income tax legislation. Make sure you include both presidential candidates.
The sad part is that weprofessional tax practitionershave not figured out how to beat the income tax. Earn and you pay; earn more and you pay more."

I'm gonna have to go with McCain. I can't see anything good happening for anybody who makes over $50,000-$60,000 a year if Obama is elected, and that includes a lot of machinists, and certainly most (successful) machine shop owners.
The latest issue of Modern Machine Shop has a fantastic article on the way our current tax system works, and Obama seems to be running his campaign on the fact that he'll magnify/multiply the problems with that very system.
From MMSOnline.com:
[...]
====================================================================Is the moral to the story that the Corporate Strap-on is actually a fish hook??
Too bad we don't vote on Congress' salary, eh?? Boy, I'd sure like to pay myself.....
--
PV'd-4-ever

Ron Paul. He's running independent. Bring Gold back as the monitary standard. That is the biggest problem we have right now, we keep writing checks with no money in the bank.
vinny wrote:

Vinny:
    A third party vote in this election is throwing your vote away in a futile attempt to make a statement. It's essentially the same as not voting at all.
Which party do you think will be better for the prosperity of machining and machine shops?
[ ] Obama
[ ] McCain
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

palin's party, she will look better on my tv day after day after day etc... people will come to work in better moods from seeing a hot chick on the news vs the usual old nasty creepy people. Overseas kings will be sucking up to her...which is good for buissiness.
She is manufacturing's only hope. (I can't wait to hang up the presidential calander, ill put it right next to the hooters calander)

that could be until a real problem comes up ( like 911 did ) then you might find yourself wishing you had voted democrat

that could be until a real problem comes up ( like 911 did ) then you might find yourself wishing you had voted democrat
shit, the world knows better to do that shit again with republicans in office. 2 country's erased off the map. Countless others invaded by the white man. The whole world sharing intelligence.
My guess is the people who want to do harm to America are waiting for the lame duck democrats to take over.
Truth is I dont care. I just dont want new taxes...new programs...new handouts. that stuff never goes away, and it's real bad for American manufacturing. makes it a harder to compete everytime they pile on a new law, regulation, or tax...to pay for all the government handouts they will be so proud to pass out.

It is late, I'm going to bed, but I do believe in the market as a force. They and the other macs should have been allowed to fail but we live in a no risk society now. You can do all sorts of stupid things now, like build 12 feet underwater, live in a flood plain, live on a coast subject to hurricanes and your risk is spread to those that make better choices.
I tend to think the government screws up the market whenever it gets involved. Medicaid, Medicare, education, and now mortgages.
I'm a fan of I make my choices I live with my choices. I'm not stupid, if I pick bad, it is my problem. Dealing with the stupid by birth types we have to help out. We must take care of the least of us if it they were not born with the ability to care for themselves.
I'll look over your other points and respond later.
Have a good night John,
Wes
.

It only seems to happen when the US tries it. Why do you suppose that is?

Lou Dobbs was doing a segment on all the different forms of immigration visas we have now. Why is it that in a country of 300 million, up from 186 million when I was in grade school we want to let more people in, most of them being laborers?
We have sent the illegals back before. Time to do it again if 18 percent is the right number.
BTW, 7 in 10, 18 percent? Likely unconnected since back then men worked and women often stayed at home. Some Americans were children. You want to rework those numbers ;)
Wes