Rebuilding Worn Out FADAL's

Your place of employment and it's equipment list is DRASTICALLY more impressive than Jon's. The faux "machine shop" he works in consists of a few tool banging/dropping Haas verticals, and a Kennedy versa cart covered with uncalibrated measuring tools from the 70s and 80s. He even recently started a topic about how impressive and great his employer is, because he just got a fancy ground and lapped edge finder. Ooooooooo. Impressive!

Mitutoyo or Enco?

Anyone want a tired Fadal 40...let me know. It needs work, but the price wlll be right.
Gunner.

Impressive site for Fadal Documentation.
I was scanning through the documents section and already found something I didn't know about FADAL's. If I am reading it correctly, it seems the Fadal controller has the capability to prompt the operator for data input.
http://www.fadalcnc.com/fadal_Tech_Docs1.htm
http://www.fadalcnc.com/Tech_files/User%20Manuals/Sect_18_Macros.pdf
INPUT
An INPUT statement requires that a variable register be specified to receive the input value, this may be requested by the PRINT statement. The operator will enter a requested value and that value will be placed in the variable register specified in the INPUT statement then continue program operation. Pressing the return key without entering a value will enter a zero (0) in the variable register specified and continue program execution.
The INPUT statement is used to halt program execution to receive data input and to display a print statement. It is assumed that a print statement will request some action from the operator. A PRINT statement only displays to the screen. PRINT will not halt program execution and therefore may scroll off of the screen before the operator can read it.
EXAMPLE: #PRINT ENTER THE DIAMETER OF THE END MILL #INPUT V100
Thanks for posting the link, -- Tom http://tinyurl.com/5okkgz

You took the high road, see where it got you? If JB was any good he would understand the stuctures of the machine he is using. Doesn't mean he has to fix it but be able to tell something is not right.
Wes
On Jun 14, 6:16am, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Try using: Distance To Go. It's there for a reason and it might help you finally stop destroying tools and machines rather than being so freaking clueless.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Try using: Distance To Go. It's there for a reason and it might help you finally stop destroying tools and machines rather than being so freaking clueless.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
**** sucks running other peoples proggy's on and old shitty fadel...I feel for ya.

Jonny boy, I don't run machines, I repair the carnage. I do know about the proper buttons, softkeys, safe start blocks and such so that I can run a proved/unproved program safely. Sadly, I often have to teach the operators about those nice features that keep me lifting my coffee cup instead of my wrenches. I'd rather fix an operator than have to fix a crashed machine.
I don't hurt machines because I don't run them. You told a lie. How long is your nose?
Seek help because you need it, just to verify it is you, ask for a vote, see how many tell you you are sane. Either you get off on being the laughing stock of amc or you are truely double plus unwell.
I hope you seek healing,
Wes

Machines are cheap. Shop labor is 75 bucks an hour. A year of going slow will cost a machine or more. If your not wrecking your not racing. JB is just some weird dipshit 50 year old apprentice without a clue.

I don't mind it when the engineer (that is who programs where I work) uses the machine. I'll happily fix the wear items if it is making money. Shop labor a a fair bit lower, we have operators, world of difference. I work in a manufacturing setting, make the same parts day after day.
Wes
snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Wes:
    LOL Now THAT'S sig material.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Trust me Bob, if I see two operators standing in front of a control, I'm right over there. Wes
jon_banquer wrote:

First, you find the part of the machine that's closest to the floor. That's called the bottom. Let us know when you've done that, and we'll move on to step two.
KG

Oh shit, coughing up my Big Breakfast over here..... :)
I was going to do a big shit on Banquer as the Stone of Sisyphus, or the Lake of Tantalus, yada yada, but you pretty much whacked the nail on the head.
Ahm figgerin, at least a week just to get the sliding doors off the cabinet.....
jb has so little perception of what normal embarrassment/shame is or should be, I'm wondering, when he goes to take a dump at break-time (I figger he does this to save on TP at home), does he invite his co-workers to watch?
Goodgawd....
--

Mr. PV'd

That's where I would find your worthless ass wrapped up in a flag, Kirk.
Selling a lot of drilling machines lately or is that now considered just something else you failed miserably at?
Tell us more about GMs mistakes with Saturn. Since youre an expert when it comes to failed business ventures Im sure you can offer some more worthless commentary.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA