Rebuilding Worn Out FADAL's

Is there a do it yourself manual for rebuilding worn out FADAL's? If not, there should be.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 20:28:05 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

"Good time to buy a used FADAL" - Jon Banquer - May 31, 2009
Add pictures here
✖

jon,
This is the book you are looking for:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q —81114266612+&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aq i=&fp=leBsIIJAIN0

✖

Sam,
The Ed Connelly Machine Tool Reconditioning book? I've had it for years and never done a thing with it. I hope to finally get around to taking a scraping class very soon. I just purchased a Baldor carbide grinder that hasn't arrived yet. I'm going to convert one end of the Baldor carbide grinder to a cast iron lap that can be charged with diamond past to lap my scraping blades.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:51:00 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Wow, what a surprise........<G>
Add pictures here
✖
this deserves a top post.
BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
wrote:

Sam,
The Ed Connelly Machine Tool Reconditioning book? I've had it for years and never done a thing with it. I hope to finally get around to taking a scraping class very soon. I just purchased a Baldor carbide grinder that hasn't arrived yet. I'm going to convert one end of the Baldor carbide grinder to a cast iron lap that can be charged with diamond past to lap my scraping blades.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
Add pictures here
✖

Now I know what you do for the wireless company, you run a cheap azz worn out fadel. Good thing you stocked up on all that inspection equipment.
Add pictures here
✖

A continuous diet of crashes tends to do that.
Wes
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 14, 6:16 am, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

http://www.fadalcnc.com /
This might be a good place to start.
"D"
Add pictures here
✖

I see no manual but I'll call em. They look like a good parts source. I though you only had Haas machines. You start buying used FADAL's to make your old "bubble" Haas machine not feel so lonely?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
Add pictures here
✖

It is on the "internet" Jon. Part of being a good machinist and a good biz owner, is the ability to be resourceful, you know, using all of the available tools at your expense to accomplish the "task" at hand. Nope, I dont need a headache, er Fadal, my HAAS's are just fine, Thank you. Besides, how does an attempt to help you turn into an effort to bash me on your part?, do I need to light you up again? You asked a question, I gave you an answer, what part of this simple exchange eludes you?
TSK, TSK, TSK
"D"
Add pictures here
✖

Darrell,
You have never "lit me up". In FACT when I called you on the phone to give you the price you asked for you sounded scared out of your mind as well as dazed and confused. Seems like you need to get out of the shop more. Do you sleep there?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 08:48:35 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

He was amazed you could figure out how to use a phone.
Add pictures here
✖

Jon, that wasnt "scared" or "dazed", it was "I'm gonna hold back for a moment and see who I am talking to".
Since you bring it up, why dont we go there for a moment. you called me to give me a price on the Versa cart, after I yelled "HOW MUCH?" on another thread, when I asked who I was speaking to, you replied, "The person who has the cart". You were somewhat combative in your response to me, so, rather than fuck up MY day by going off on you over the phone, I chose to stay on topic, (Versa-cart) and finish the conversation. You didn't deserve the manner of my conversation, but you got it anyway.
Come to think of it, I was so surprised you called me, rather than bash me like you normally do, I probably did sound a little confused. LOL
And ya, like any decent biz owner, sometimes I take a nap in the wee hours of the morning, in between rush jobs, if you actually owned a biz, you might have experienced that at some point. Thats what the cot in the corner is for!
Have a nice day
Add pictures here
✖

You yelled "HOW MUCH?" even though I've posted many times what my tool sales policy is. Suggest a Google search for: My Tools, My Rules.

I wasn't combative at all despite your yelling of "HOW MUCH". You got a prompt and polite response to despite your yelling and despite the FACT that I've clearly posted what my tool sales policy is.

I did deserve it and that's why I got it despite what you say now.

I agree that you are frequenlty confused and that you easily get confused.

I have posted that I owned my own business for 13 years. If you actually read what I posted you wouldn't keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

I'm here working to get yet another "hot job" done. Feel free to call me and say hello. Thanks for the link on Fadal parts and services. I've got a chance buy three FADAL's very cheaply and I'm considering it.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
Add pictures here
✖
jon_banquer wrote:
<SNIP>

<SNIP>
Scheduling not done properly?
Materials/tooling not delivered in time?
Machine in bad condition, and need to run less efficiently to get good tolerances/tool life?
Job quoted wrong?
Program doesn't run properly?
Operator could not get done in scheduled amount of time?
Please note lack of sarcasm and reply in kind.
I spent my weekend playing golf and fishing.
--
Steve Walker
snipped-for-privacy@verizonwallet.com (remove wallet to reply)

Like I posted... a hot job. Time to market is critical for the company I work for.

Not a problem. Ordered Friday, arrived Friday.

Just had it's P.M. done including a ball bar test. Need me to post the result of the ball bar test for you?

Nope.
I programmed it. It ran properly.

Operator, setup person, programmer, person who quoted the job... one person.... me.

You know (or should know by now) who I work for. Who do you work for that's so much more impressive than who I work for?
Note serious answers to your direct questions and reply in kind minus your usual sarcasm that goes no where with me.

I don't like golf or fishing. Too boring.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
Add pictures here
✖
jon_banquer wrote:

I was just curious. It seems like a place that large would be able to get things processed in a short period of time without using overtime.

No thank you.

Actually, my place of employment is nationally unknown. I never said it was more impressive than yours. A small machine shop. 5 verticals, 4 horizontals, 1 5-axis (my responsibility), 6 2-axis lathes, 1 4-axis lathes, 1 6-axis lathe, 2 opposed spindle 4-axis per spindle gantry fed lathes, and various support equipment. I have programmed/set-up all except 2 of the horizontals. 6M yearly in sales, probably 4.5M net after materials.

It's relaxing, though, for those of us who enjoy it.
--
Steve Walker
snipped-for-privacy@verizonwallet.com (remove wallet to reply)
✖