Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

need advice on machining boxes
I have been in service/repair side of the machine tool industry for about 25 years and have an opportunity to do some side work manufacturing some electrical control panels- complete process all...
2
2

what the hell happened here
I was a regular here quite a few years ago, and remember a few off topic posts mostly harmless banter with an "OT " starting the subject. I am not using outlook as a news reader(google groups and my...
4
4

about stainless steel tubing cutting process.
Hi,all I need to cut out straight 1mm or 1.5 mm slice from 10" long annealed stainless tubing 1-1/2"OD{A} x1.370"ID"{B}x.065"{C}----304. I am going to use sherline lathe machine. If I make my own tool...

Small holes 10x dia with very low runout
We're running 12L14 on a Daewoo chucker lathe. Need to drill 0.063" hole, 0.550" deep (ok, 9x deep) Diameter +0.002/-0 TIR over the length of the hole is 0.002" max. OD is turned in the same setup,...
9
9

EDGE FINDER Tip of the month
Your using a 3/8 - .100 edge finder working off edges of blocks. 1/4"cap drill chuck in the spindle - gotta edge find the block. Whadya do? Take the chuck out.....get 3/8 collet.....put E/F in....ect...
21
21

Squirm Gears What happened to them?
Take a look at this old article. I remembered reading that, and then never heard of them again. Sure they are expensive, but would they be a good idea for example for a CNC axis? The backlash...
10
10

Barrel Cam ideas needed.
I am building a machine for some factory automation. It will have a cam in the shape of a barrel. As the dial rotates under it, it will drive a set of pins down into the syringe barrels underneath it....
6
6

840C (HiTROL) CNC Control Optional stop
I have Hyundai HiT - 15S with Siemens 840C (HiTROL) CNC control. I went trough manual etc. but I can't find anything about optional stop M01 that exists on every other machines in the world - I guess...
2
2

some ideas about rapid travel, G00
Watching a guy work out a problem today, the machine was choking in rapid moves. To fix it he programmed the rapids as feed moves. My theory on that was maybe the machine isnt bufferring the G00...
6
6

Too late
Why is it that right after the tool breaks you realize what you did wrong? It seems you can't plunge a 1/2" d 3 fl roughing end mill into aluminum at 132 IPM. oops. I was leaving too much material for...
2
2

Anyone sitting on I/O boards for Fanuc 6?
Seems we blew one up and wondering if anyone has one collecting dust in their cabinet that wouldn't mind getting rid of it. Thanks Tom
1
1

about precise cutting on stainless tubing
Hi, all I 'd like to know who does precise cutting like 0.040 thickness from 3" OD {A} x 2.870" ID {B} x .065" {C} Wall Tube 304 Stainless Steel, Annealed with reasonable cost. I got quote(300 pieces)...
1
1

Videos of home brew cnc machine
see From the land down under, a small shop made combo horizontal/vertical machining center w/ Mach 3 controller. runs on both M/S Explorer 6.0.2800, Firefox 3.6.2 on my computer. Unka George (George...

Mori MV JR Clicks off after 3 seconds
I am trying to fix a Mori MV JR. The problem began when the machine stopped feedign in the middle of a program, then the monitor displayed "CPU error". After turning the power off and then on, the ON...

D-2 Grinding Yuck
Yes D-2 sucks, Like dude said, you have to push it. As far as wheels, blue 46h SG Nortons work good. Now here's something that really helps If you can get a variable speed controller to control your...
1
1