Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

3d printing introduction
Just came across a short free intro "class" for additive manufacturing (3d printing) that may be of interest to the group. Also Autocad has a 3d design or modeling web app up which may be of interest....
1
1

whats with all the jew talk?
i came for the NC
3
3

Proto Trak Lathes
Company I do work for is looking at replacing some old lathes, by old I mean WW2 era. I'm working on moving them into at least late 20th century tech. The work is mostly one or three off, taper...
5
5

aluminium silicone question
Has anyone milled aluminium silicone? I'd like to hear from someone with hands on experience. I've read about it and how it destroys the cutting edge, I need some tips. The usual grade is 20%...
1
1

Re: The Reality Of Mastercam
thats just friggen gay. I met soupy sales once. lol

Keeping fines out of coolant tank
Been having issues with suspended solids and fines building up in our coola nt tanks recently. I looked into bag filters, roll filters, specialty units, etc. All fixes we re fairly expensive if we had...

Monarch 10EE Parting Out - Cheap Tampa, FL
I have a Monarch 10EE I had planned to refurbish but health issues have squashed my plans. I am parting it out this week and then will scrap what's left over. No shipping unless it'll fit in a USPS...

Early 2000's Omniturn. Will not zero on the x-axes.
I have an omni-turn GT75. It has been running great. Then it gave me an x axis servo error. I reset it and now it will not zero in the x-axis. Any idea?
1
1

Part movement when welding Titanium?
Hi Gang, Long time no post, been busy. How much, if at all does Ti move after welding? Customer wants finished parts to weld together and is expecting to not have to machine after welding. T.I.A.
3
3

Edgecam vs Featurecam
************ look, it's ok to want the best product, it's ok to rip into these cam packages for high end stuff so power users can be "unhindered". I get it. but.... WHOLLY SKILLSET BATMAN! Are you...
3
3

verb sap - eyeglass coatings and hot work
Greetings and salutations I am currently employed as a "injection press operator". This means that some times I spend a shift inserting bolts into a mold so that the plastic part has them imbedded....
10
10

Regarding macro for 1 tool at a time multi positions...
Well, I tried. The Macros in a fanuk will not cross over to the hardrive. So the program has to be loaded into memory. I tried it, one machine took forever to search thru the program for data, an...
1
1

Holding a tenth all day on a high speed mill!
First of all, if you have no laser for tool pickup...move on. Read about the arab crap instead. Setup...2 fanuc makinos, 10 yrs old. Both have new spindles, and one has new leadscrews. machines run...
6
6

CNC Operators and Programmers (5 axis) needed for Aerospace clients in Toronto, Ontario. Permanent jobs.
Please send CV to
1
1

RFQ - Special ER8 Collet
Hello folks, Wide open RFQ for you... I have a medical industry customer with a special need. They currently have an ER8 style spindle and need to hold a steel device without marking it in any way....