Alarm handling via OPC

Hello,

I'm a PC programmer and I have no knowledge about PLC programming!

I have a project where I will use SIMATIC NET PB SOFTNET-DP (Siemens) to communicate via PROFIBUS-DP with a Siemens S7 200 PLC. I'm master.

I understand how to read and write data.

What I don't know is how alarms are handled.

So if someone would please explain this like they would for a 4 year old, I will be forever grateful!

// Anders

Reply to
Anders Eriksson

michameirovitz