How to go about making a profibus slave card

Hello,
I am looking for making profibus DP slave interface card.
Please guide me how to go about it. I have used profibus before but I
do not know much how actually it works at the lower level.
I have used Anybus HMS card (AnyBus-S - Profibus DP Slave Interface) for profibus DP before (It sits on our microprocessor pcb as a daughter card)but it is expensive to buy here in India so we are looking for our own same alternative. We have plan of using same asic that is used in that card i.e. SPC3
Do I need to buy the IEC standard for profibus?
Thank you, Naimesh Thakkar
AnyBus Card Detail : http://www.anybus.com/eng/products/products.asp?PIDp&ProductType=AnyBus-S
We bought a Siemens Profibus DP development kit. It cost about $2500 US in 1997. I have heard it is cheaper now. I would definately do it again. It include a 8051 with a Profibus DP interface, a bus master and source code.
Check out http://www.profibus.com
Peter Nachtwey
I was just going through web and found VPC3 which is equivalent to SPC3. How is VPC3. Any experience?
Naimesh wrote:

No ... the VPC3 is not equivalent to the SPC3. There are a lot of differences at firmware level.
The VPC3 is probably more open specified than the SPC3.
Bevor you build a slave from the scratch ... have a look to the HMS devices. (http://www.anybus.com )
Armin
http://www.steinhoff-automation.com