needed help on CIP Ethernet/IP plz

hi I am rather a fresher in the field of CIP Ethernet/IP ,I have some
confusion regarding the CIP specs , The communication methods specified ie FORWARD OPEN ,FORWARD CLOSE and
UNCONNECTED SEND, these work as a UCMM requests ie Only the Devices
which are UCMM capable will be replying,so hwat should be my command or
request style to request and get the response of the Group2 only
devices or Predefined MAster /Slave any one who have an idea in this area, please guide me with proper
direction as I am in total confusion with the specs.
thanks in advance looking for the response PMM