WindRiver converts to Linux?

Hi Guys (young and old)!

Have you seen the latest from the most entrenched, crusted-up proprietary RTOS vendor in the entire Controls Space?

They are going embedded Linux very, very fast....

I guess all those folks that have spent countless hours with broken PLC development environments, should just switch to linux on their desktop. After all, linux and embedded linux, are running everything from IBM mainframes down to the cell phone you hold in your hand.

It pains me to see my fellow-beloved controls engineers being the last industry to fully embrace linux and embedded linux.

Hey, you guys know where I can find one of those old_guys that use to run one of those huge mechanical printing presses? We're putting together a museum of dead technologies..... You know, those that have been fully assimilated by LINUX.....

TTFN,

sincerely, James Horton BSEE MSCS PE (and Entrepreneur Extraordiare!)

Reply to
James