Hydraulic engine as pump

I'd like to use a hydraulic engine as a backup propulsion system on my boat. I need max 50kW at 200rpm.

Does anybody know if I can use a hydraulic radial piston engine as a hydraulic pump while I am not using it (as an engine, that is) as a backup for my hydraulics system??

I also worry if I could power such a hydraulic engine with my existing axial piston pump (powered by a 3cyl diesel) or if that is simply a question of getting the flow vs. pressure right.

Thx for your input,

Al

Reply to
Sjokomopu