Latest threads in ⏣ Metalworking Craftshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Is this safe mechanically safe?
I'd found this safe (link below) at Target stores but unable to open it to take a look inside to the left of the door. From the appearance alone, it's very unsafe to mount a hing on the outside and...
2
2

How to melt aluminum in your backyard
Should acetylene or MAPP gas be able to melt aluminum or aluminum alloy in some kind of iron pot? Should an oven be built for it? I plan to make a backyard aluminum sculpture. Possibly a little...
10
10

How to convert an AC welder to DC.
I'm converting an AC arc welder into a MIG, as an experiment. I have plenty of alternator diodes to convert this welder from 30VAC to 15VDC ? How many of the diodes should work or does 30VAC works...
1
1

Looking for info on Plasmacam and plasma cutting
Has anyone used or heard anything about the Plasmacam machine. I am installing one in a machine shop in Ontario Canada. I was called in when the owners could not get it running properly. I have a...
1
1

hello trying to make a mettalic phallus
6ft in length 1.5ft diameter i need plans send to:

How to tack aluminum " l l into L."
Joining two 1/8" x 1/2" aluminum together to form an L shape isn't easy. I clip an 80-Amp arch welder to each piece and slowly bring the pieces together using a mechanical press. They bond well but...
3
3

How to cut slots on 1/2" thick aluminium.
How are slots made on 1/2" thick aluminium? Are they made from plasma cutters, carbide router bits or a simply a coping saw? A picture below shows a 1/2" thick aluminum plate bolted onto a motor....
12
12

Metalworking is rubbish !
Metal is too lazy to work !

Rust-proof steel finish
I'm a first-time poster here, so go easy on me. I'm getting ready to fabricate some steel hardware for a timber frame home we're just breaking ground on. These pieces will be machined and welded, and...
1
1

Cannot drill fat steel?
I'd been having problems drilling 1/2 inch thick steel on a drill press. Only about 1/4 inch deep the 1/2" HSS drill bit would seize or glaze the steel and will cease to drill any further. The drills...
2
2

Bridgeport Vertical Mill
My circuit board to drive the power feed table got a piece of sworf and blew it up the agents want $980.00 for a new one,this is a board is quite simple no circuit diagram avaliable. {They got ya.}...
1
1

Federal Testmaster $0.99 Ebay
Federal Testmaster indicator $0.99 Starrett digital calipers $15.41 Dialsink Gage $3.25 2 SPI Quicktest Snapgage $0.99 eBay Mobile eBay Mobile eBay Mobile eBay Mobile

End Mills
anyone have any good material on cutter sharpening ? JT Canada

Carbide inserts FS
I have various Sandvick and Valenite indexable carbide inserts FS. Will work in most all Sandvick and some Valenite 1/2 to 1 inch lathe tool holders. Lots of different styles for titanium, stainless,...

machine paint
hello I am in the process of restoring a 12" craftsman lathe and need to repaint it. I would appreciate any tips on type of paint to use on this project. Thanks in advance.
2
2